Old Friend

One Month Later
"Are you sure you don't want us to stay?"
She'd asked this question eight times already and it was only midday. Teddy appreciated her care but if she asked one more time he feared he'd scream at the poor woman. Instead he hid his annoyance and placed a reassuring smile on his face.
"Aurora, you and Tommy have been driving up and down here for the past month taking care of me, taking time away from Charlie and only returning at night while he's sleeping. You've been ran off your feet, you're pregnant and need to go home and be with your son. I'm grateful you took this time to care for me but I am doing a lot better and if I need anything at all George and Mrs Finley are close by"
Reaching up, Teddy careful took the dinner tray Aurora was holding in her hands and placed it in his lap, eager for the beef sandwich she'd made him. Adjusting himself on the couch he got himself comfortable before looking back up at Aurora who was standing over him readying herself to argue. With a sigh, Teddy pulled his gaze away from her and over to the armchair where smoke filled the air.
"Thomas please tell your wife I'd like my independence back"

Flicking his ash into the ashtray, Tommy cleared his throat and raised his eyebrow in amusement.
"The man would like his independence back mouse"
"Thank you Thomas because I didn't hear him" Aurora scoffed crossing her arms over her chest "I know for a fine fact you wouldn't bother George for anything. I'd feel better if it was me caring for you Teddy"
"Aurora you're overdoing it because you still feel guilty about what happened. If Thomas and I can move past it, why can't you?" Teddy asked watching the inner battle going on inside Aurora. Him and Tommy were far from being best friends but they'd been getting along perfectly since Teddy had woken up properly. They'd talked for a while as Aurora slept one night, forgiveness had been handed out and Teddy was happy to move on yet it was Aurora who could not let go of the guilt that followed her. What happened was no fault of Aurora's and whilst he could understand why she did carry some guilt, Teddy didn't blame her in the slightest in fact he was just happy to have her around again.

"Because it shouldn't of happened" Aurora started firmly looking down at Teddy's scarred face. The stitches had came out recently leaving behind pink puckered lines. The bruises were changing colour now, appearing less angry by the day but the evidence of the attack would always be there.
"But it did, time to move on tulip. There's more to life than worrying about a few scars, I think they make me look quite handsome. I also think the poor husband has been tormented enough, he's been a good boy since he tried to kill me" Teddy smirked finding Aurora's huffing and puffing comical.
"I don't torment him near enough" Aurora smiled then as she looked back at the past month. Of course Tommy had earned himself a few slaps round the head and nasty glances but she hadn't been too harsh with him. After Teddy had forgiven Tommy, Aurora's harshness eased dramatically and over the weeks they'd almost became somewhat of a strange family, like two parents caring for their grown child.
Aurora looked forward to getting back into a routine with Charlie. It made her feel ashamed that her only time with him these days happened while he was sleeping and occasionally breakfast. She filled the mornings she was home with him, making sure she was there when he woke but there came the time where she would leave Charlie with Frances and come up to Middlesbrough to care for Teddy.

"Well you can continue to torment him in his own home and give me some peace" Teddy finalised hoping Aurora would finally get his message and go live her life rather than baby him.
"I just don't think you'll rely on others to take care of you when I go"
Teddy was like Tommy in a way. They both didn't like to rest or take the time to heal themselves. Being fussed over peeved them, stubborn bastards the two of them but Aurora would always push to irritate them further if it would benefit their health in the long run.
"I don't need anyone to take care of me tulip, I'm more than capable of doing it myself" Teddy expressed taking a bit of his sandwich with a satisfied groan "Beautiful this is"
"Do you not have any family you can call to come check in on you? We can make contact if you wish" Tommy offered trying to appease Aurora's troubles with a solution that would make them all happy. What he hadn't expected was Aurora to turn to him with wide panicked eyes.
"Tommy!"
"My family have disowned me Thomas. I come from a very religious household, it wasn't wise for me to fall in love with another man and be who I am so when they found out I was kicked from the family. It didn't matter that the man I loved was dead, I'd already felt the flames of hell as they banished me into it" Teddy explained watching Tommy nod like he knew what Teddy was going to say before it could slip out his mouth.
"Religious parents ey? Love their God but can't love their children yet think themselves mightier than those without religion" Tommy smirked getting up from the armchair and stubbing out his cigarette. Humming in agreement, Aurora wondered how a parent could possibly decide to suddenly not love their child. How could their faith not be shaken yet their faith in their children could? Aurora thought it all simply fucking evil.
"I've made my peace with it now, besides I have a family. Aurora and George gave me that family"
Bending down with a wide smile, Aurora kissed the top of Teddy's head and ruffled his hair affectionately. She was glad to be a part of Teddy's new family, his real family and give him the love he so rightly deserved.