XVIII

Sincere "Lil Durk" Banks
JUNE 2021
Location: Chicago

Riding through my hometown with Giovanni brought back so many memories of me being out in the streets killing my opps and selling drugs.Always had to watch your surroundings and it was getting to the point that I was paranoid. When I lost my cousin Nuski, it was time for me to take my rap career serious because if I didn't I would have been dead by 24. But don't get me wrong ima always be a street nigga by heart just got to play my roles right.

" Babe what you thinking about " Giovanni asked me , making me snap out of my thoughts .

" Nothing babymama"

" yeah babe , you are but I'm here if you need talk"

" I know babymama but ma cook so we just gone eat there" I told her knowing she was ready to eat

" Babeeee! What's if she don't like me " she whined

" shut up. You been saying that since we step on the plane I told you she would"

She looked at me like I had to 2 heads. " don't tell me fo shut up nigga"

" well we here now babymama"

We got out the car and I grabbed Willow from her seat since she was sleeping . " you ready babe "

" yes babe" she said grabbing my hand as we made our way on the porch.

I knocked on the door and my ma came to the door looking so surprise and pull me into a hug. It was one of them hugs that you needed from your mother that made all your problems go away.

" Sincere, I miss your ass so much, them calls ain't nothing when I get to physically touch you son"

" my grand baby done got so big" she said with a smile forming on her face

" I miss you too ma but this is my girlfriend Giovanni" I said to her as I went to lay Willow on the couch.

" Hey I'm Tasha but you can call me Mama T or ma " she went to hug Giovanni.

" Nice to meet you but I know I'm fenna sound so fat right but do you have something I can snack on " Giovanni chuckled

" sure come on sweetie and you can call me ma anyway" she gave Giovanni had and went into the kitchen .

Giovanni Dior White
JUNE 2021
Location: Ma T house

" what would you like , I have some chips , cookies until the food gets done. It shouldn't take that long for the macaroni to get done " Ma told me

" can I get some chips" I started feeling nauseous by the smell of the greens she was cooking . I scrunched up my face trying not to throw up .

" you okay love " she asked me looking concerned

" yes ma'am. Can I have some water "

She handled me the water and I was just admiring how beautiful she looked . She looked so young and kept herself together. She was the older version of Durk.

" how did you meet my son" she asked me

" well we meet at the club one night and we talked and I really was falling for his vibe and it just went off from there"

" he ain't been giving you no problems " she looking at Durk while he walked in the kitchen where we were

" oh no honey . You son has been a life changer for me and I really can see myself with him for the long run. He treat me and show me so much respect. You raise a good man "

" thank you sweetie . I tried my hardest with him , I'm glad that he was able to get hisself back on the right path and dealing with a woman instead of them fast ass girls " she was referring to India

" you welcome" I smiled .

"Do you love him " she asked me

" yes I love your son , matter fact I'm in love with him . He came in my life and change it for the better . Not once he make me feel like he's out doing shit behind my back. We might argue but we always come back together before the night is over with . & Willow that's my baby . Without her and Durk ion know where I would be . They are my world & I will forever be here for them" I told her .

She got up and hug me . " thank you for being in my son's life . I know I haven't been around you long but you're meant to be with him . You & Willow gave him a better outlook on his life".

Before I could respond he done came in the kitchen , I can't hold it in any longer. "Bae can you get that bag out of my purse to give to your mother please "

" yeah hold on " he said going in the living room getting her the gift bag .

"Y'all got my ass a gift " she asked while she was looking at the both of us .

"Here ma" he handled her the bag .

She open the bag and froze for a few seconds and looked back up at us. " OMG , I'm fenna be a grandmother again " she got up and hugged me and Durk and began to cry

" hold on" . She looked at the ultrasound. " y'all having twins. I'm just so happy, you just don't understand how I feel like"

" how many months are you " she asked me

" 8 weeks but I'm going to be 3 months Monday" I said with a smile on my face . Sharing the news with his mother and she had the best attitude towards me and the pregnancy made me so happy . I didn't know I was crying until she wiped my tears and told me thank you.

Omniscient
Location: Ma T house

They finally sat down for dinner and Willow went right over to Giovanni and sat in her lap to eat . This was the first time that Willow did not want to leave Giovanni side .

" mommy, me see your phone for coco melon " Willow said as they were eating at the table

" you have to eat before you get the phone okay" Giovanni told her

" okay mommy"

Tasha was shocked to see Willow be so clingy to Giovanni. She was not bothered by her grandchild calling her son's girlfriend mother. She understood that a child will grasp to someone who give their attention and affection towards them. She seen how good of mother she was with her and she knew that Sincere had found someone she been praying for him to meet . Tasha always imagine Sincere out of the streets of Chicago and moving on with his doing better for himself .