Chpater 20

Jordan's Pov

I knock on Sonja's door once, twice, three times,

"Hold your goats Sparklez!" She yells answering the door a few minutes later.

"Glad you decided to show." She snaps closing her door behind me.

"Hey sorry I'm late okay! Tom wouldn't let me out of bed this morning." I say innocently, innocently lying that is.

"Oh don't blame Tom! Why isn't he with you? Its his wedding as well."

"He had to take care of some things." I lie again, I know Tom didn't want to come. It kills me but it is what it is.

"You okay?" She asks,

"We're not worried about me, we're wedding planning." I reply sternly not wanting to talk about my hurt feelings.

"Ok. Martha volunteered to make the suits. So that's one thing down. Have you decied on cake yet?"

"Good! And no. I'm kind of waiting on Tom for that one."

"Jordan what's up? You seem so sad. I don't want a repeat of the past." Sonja says and its sweet she's concerned but now isn't the time to bring that up.

"Its nothing."

"You said the same thing when the Nade incident happened. Now talk." She demands.

"Well I tried to get Tom to come today, he just kept saying no. He didn't even give an excuse not to come! He just flat out was like No I don't wanna. I guess my feelings just got hurt. Its nothing really."

"No Jordan it is something! Did you tell Tom that he should want to help?"

"No, I didn't want to force him into anything." Are we really having this conversation! Welp I guess there's no stopping it now.

"Jordan maybe you should talk to him about it. I know Tom would never intentionally hurt you in any way, shape, or form." Sonj says and I look away.

"You say that after he intentionally shoved me and broke my heart."

"Now Jordan, you and I both know its not fair to hold that against Tom. Talk to him!"

"I don't wanna can't we just do what was planned?" A loud crack of thunder booms interrupting our conversation.

Sonja and I both run out and there's a huge tainted statue just outside Dagrun's gates.

"What the hell." Sonja mumbles to me and I nod.

"I warned you." Martha says from our of nowhere! Everyone loves scaring me apparently.

"Wat? Do you know what this is?" I ask her,

"What does it look like?"

I take a look around and its clearly a tainted Ianite sculpture.

"Lady Taintanite."

"Such a name is disrespectful, but you're right on it." Martha says and Sonja burst out laughing.

"I mean no such disrespect, just merely combining words." I pause,

"Need we do something about this?"

Martha just shakes her head and sobs, "Do whatever you want."

"I mean why are you shaking your head." Probably shouldn't argue with the person who's gonna taylor my wedding suits. Ops.

"This didn't need to happen."

"What caused it?"

"What do you think? Think for yourself." Martha is looking slightly past me and I turn to see Tom and Tucker.

"I think it may have been the King. His disdain for Ianite maybe." I reply.

"It is a reflection of the bond between Ianite and Dagrun." Martha is now looking right at me. Or more so right through me.

"The goddess and her beloved home. The bond festers with bitterness and vengeance. Can you mend such a thing?" After my lack of responce Martha picks back up.

"Would you dare to try?" She challenges,

"I would like to try." I accept

"Then I will not ask you to return to your home." She was gonna ask us to leave? Can I go home?

"Your other world." She finishes more so for the others than for me.

"Please stay, and do what is best for the relationships you have formed." She must be referring to Andor and myself.

"I can see Ianite loves you." She says after a long moment of silence.

"Her sprit surrounds you."

"Indeed I have always felt that." I reply as strongly as possible.

"But you must channel it more powerfully." Martha's voice rings out, echoing through the mountains.

"You must take up your mantle." She pauses,

"Let go of fear." Tom is now at my side. I intertwine our hands and he squeezes.

"Do you know where Prince Andor and Steve are?" I ask hoping she knows the answer.

"The location of the prision is a well kept secret. But I know Steve is able to find it, with your help." Not what I was hoping for but better than nothing I suppose.

"Yes I would love to help." I pause and glance over at Tom.

"I'll do whatever it takes." He releases my hand after I say this. But its the truth, I will do whatever it takes to prove to Andor when I promise something, I keep it.

A/N Hello! I'm not sure what's going on with the picture from last part. But if it loads here know that is the picture that was suppose to be tagged with that part. Terribly sorry for the inconvenience.

                - Jaden