One is all and all is one

Cassidy's POV

Mrs. Curtis agreed to take us in as students to learn how to fight. But she took me, Ed and Al to an island while she taught Winry martial arts. "You have have a month to figure out what that phrase means. Winry won't be taking part in this because she's a bit different from you." We knew what that meant because Winry wanted to be an auto mechanic, so we don't really blame her. "You must stay on this island and if you don't figure out what the phrase means then I'll send you to Resembool!" She said throwing Ed's knife to us while Sig rowed away. We had told her that we were from Resembool, after we got to her house.

We stared at their retreating figure in shock for awhile when we screamed in horror. "Ahhhhhh!!!!!!!! We're not going to make it!!!!!!"

We made a bed with some leaves and tried to sleep. "I'm hungry Brother." "Me too Al." I sat up and yelled. "How is it training if we're stuck out here and to learn some weird phrase!" My stomach growled and I laid back down and said. "Let's just sleep."

When it was morning we made a trap and caught a bunny. "Yay!!!!" "Cas is a genius!" "I guess they still work even if you don't make it right!" We cheered in joy with tears going down our faces.

The bunny was tied up while we tried to figure out how to eat it. "So what do we do Brother?" "I'm don't even want to think of how we do." "We kill it!" "Do we have to?" "If we don't want to starve we have to kill it." Ed, Al and me looked at it as it looked at us with pleading eyes. Suddenly Ed shoved the Knife towards me and said with his head down. "You do it." I looked at him whimpering. "Ed I can't kill it you do it." "We all have to pull our own weight besides I set the trap!" "Oh bull, I set the trap you idiot!" Suddenly a fox grabbed it and we screamed in horror. "AHHHH!!!!!" We ran after it while Ed put the knife away.

Ed managed to catch up with it but got bit on the shoulder. "Brother!" "Ed!" We went to towards him as the fox ran away. "Ed! Are you okay?" "That bite looks bad." "That stupid fox!" He ran towards the fox while clutching his shoulder. We couldn't find the fox for awhile but when we did it apparently had Cubs.

It was sweet at first but then we saw how they ate the meat. Me and Al covered our mouths, while Ed said. "Let's skip on that meat and catch fish instead."

We went towards the water after we bandaged Ed but realized that we couldn't catch fish without hooks. It was dark and we were starving. "Ed, Cas? Do you remember what we were supposed to think about?" "I don't remember." "Me neither." I looked at the starry night sky with tears in my eyes. I didn't cry but I thought about it, then I heard shuffling and saw Ed crawling towards something. I sat up and asked. "Ed? What are you doing?" I saw him grab something and put it in his mouth. I heard him groan in disgust, and I realized that he was eating ants. "Ed, that's gross!" "Yeah, brother!" He stood up and said. "Al, Cas. I'm alive, I'm alive because consumed life. I understand what it means now."

The next day we made shelter, made spears and made a fire. Ed would go fishing, I would go hunting and Al would keep the fire alive. After we ate, we started at the beautiful starry night sky and talked. "Hey Al, Cas?" "Yes brother?" "Yeah Ed?" "Do you remember how I ate those ants?" "You ate allot of them!" "I know! And they were gross but I'm still alive because I consumed life and that didn't stop the world from turning. I finally understand what it means." "Your right Ed." "Your right brother, Cas. All is the world and one is me."

It had been a month and miss Curtis, Sig and Winry came back. We sat in front of her on our knees and she asked. "All right children, do you know what All is one and one is all means?" "All is the world!" "And one is me!" "Even if something or someone dies the world will continue moving and life will go on!" Miss Curtis eyes and she started to laugh. We looked at her shock and she said. "That is correct, my pupils." Our eyes widened in shock and we started to cheer we gave a high five and jumped into the air while laughing.

We got back to miss Curtis house and took a bath and put on clean clothes and started our training. Our objective was to defeat teacher while she was reading a book and we got our butts handed to us. I almost got her but she defeated me. "If you focus to much on just to defeat the person then you'll never learn how to defeat your opponent. First you need to learn about your opponent, then make a plan. Cassidy followed my movements and almost hit me. Edward, Alphonse, your sister is a genius." "It's not hard to figure that out!" "Yeah! Sister made traps for us while we were on the island. She's amazing."

I blushed in embarrassment by their comments but didn't say anything. I needed to work on my confidence more.

We were now inside eating dinner that miss Curtis made for us. While we were eating Ed asked. "Teacher, how is the military corrupted?" She looked at him and said. "The leader, Führer King Bradley, caused a war in Ishval." We gasped and I said. "But that war happened because a soldier accidentally killed a child." "That soldier was ordered to shoot the child to start a war for who knows what by the führer. That soldier gladly followed his orders. And that wasn't a war, it was a one sided blood bath."

We were horrified by this and then I asked shaky. "How, how do you know this teacher?" She sighed and said. "A friend told me that they were old acquaintances of his and that they were after him. So he disappeared, but they went after people that knew him and tortured them for information." I started to shake a little when Ed asked. "Did they have strange tattoos on their body one of them specifically on the left thigh." "Yes, how did you know?" "Teacher, did they also get to you?" "Yes, they got to me. The skinny one took my internal organs and killed my child."

I started to breathe heavily at this. He hurt teacher just to get to my father. "Sis are you okay?" I heard Al ask me but I couldn't breathe at all and heard muffled voices. Then everything went black.

Edward's POV

Cassidy had passed out and had a fever. Sig put her in her bed, teacher told us that she had a panic attack and we told Teacher about why we didn't have parents anymore and we were on the run. Alphonse and Winry were cleaning the Dishes while me and Teacher stayed with Cassidy."So, they mentally tortured you Ed, beat Alphonse, whipped Winry and the one that stole my internal organs, raped Cassidy. And all because they were after Van Hohenheim." "Yeah, we don't know why they did this or why that skinny guy left Cassidy alive is beyond me."

"All things will be revealed soon Ed, you just have to know where to look." "Mhm and now we know that the military was behind these attacks we need to figure out how to hurt them back. We're already on the run, bout time we something productive." Teacher smiled at me and changed Cassidy's cloth with another one.

'Cassidy, I'm going to your happiness back if it's the last thing I do.'

Narrator's POV

After Cassidy woke up, Edward explained his plan to them and they agreed to it. After their training the were going to find a way to hurt the military.

~🦾🦿~🤖🦾🦿~🔥🧤~🛠🔧~🦅🔫~💪✨~👓🔪~