Its a terrible day for rain

Roy's POV

I can't believe we got caught by the homunculus and what's worse is that their using us as ransom to get to Hohenheim. Hughes got hurt by the female with her arrows, I glance at his bleeding wound soaking his jacket and the sweat dripping down his face.

He wasn't looking to good and I was worried. Hawkeye and Armstrong were tied up in chairs while me and Hughes were tied up on the floor with our hands behind our backs. I take in my surroundings and realized that we were in the same place when the Elrics and Rockbell girl were tortured at. We jumped at the sound of the door slamming open and we saw our captures come in. I glare at them as the skinny one started talking. "This is gonna get boring quick. We don't even know if their gonna come." Then the Little one (ha) started talking. "Patients brother. We need Hohenheim for fathers plan to be completed." 'Father? Who's that? I bet he's the one pulling all the strings.'

I felt someone hit my boot and I look over at Hughes. He nodded his head to his hands gesturing me to look. I look at his hands to see a knife cutting the rope. 'He still has one of his knifes, cool.' I thought in my head when I felt someone grab my jaw and squeezed it. They turned my head and I saw it was the skinny one, he looked at me with a sick grin and asked. "So, are you the one who saved the Elric girl?"

I didn't say anything but nod and then I spit in his face. He let got of me and backed up while wiping his face, I smirked at him as he looks pissed. I felt my head jerk to the side and fell to the ground, I coughed a little and spit out some blood. I glanced up to see the skinny guy with his fist up and he said. "You know, you and that pipsqueak are exactly the same. You have punchable faces, stubborn and rude." I coughed a little and looked at him while saying. "Then maybe next time you'll know not to piss us off monster. I know what you did to Cassy."

The skinny guy raised an eyebrow at that, looking bored and asked nonchalantly. "Oh? And what did I do?" I glared at him and said. "You took away Cassy's innocents and made her feel like a prostitute." I heard the others gasp in horror, I glanced at Hughes ropes and saw him speeding up the cutting. I heard laugher coming from the skinny guy and looked at him to see him grinning and giggling like a hyena. He then said. "Congratulations colonel Mustang! You finally found your suspect. I'm the one who raped that girl and let me tell you, she had a beautiful scream!"

He started laughing more as I seethed with anger. I see Hughes furiously cutting the rope and said. "Your not that bright you know that." He stopped laughing and asked. "Oh? And why is that?" "You shouldn't mess with a fathers anger."

The ropes snapped and Hughes was on his feet. He threw his knife at the skinny one and was about to attack when.

*BANG*

As if the world went into slow motion, Hughes fell backwards with a bullet wound in his chest as we all stare in disbelief and as his body fell to the ground in front of me splatting blood on my face, I screamed out.

"HUGHES!"

Third person POV

Three people tied up stared at Hughes in disbelief as the killer grinned to himself and said. "That was stupid. If he'd just stay down he wouldn't have gotten shot." Roy stared at Hughes body in horror as flashbacks go through his head at the times him and Hughes were together. From their time in the academy, to the war, to Hughes wedding, to them finding Cassidy, to Hughes comforting him, Hughes snapping Roy out of his depression, them gaining the Elric and Rockbell girls trust again and to Roy telling hughes that he kissed Cassidy and they were together now.

That would be no more. The skinny one chuckled a bit and said. "No point in staying now that this one is dying." The female looked at him. "You know if you hadn't shot him then none of this would have happened." "Yeah but if hadn't been an idiot then he wouldn't have gotten shot now would he? Let's get out of here before we start smelling a corpse."

They leave the house and disappear into the night. Roy crawls to Hughes and says. "Just hold on Maes. Your gonna be okay." Hughes coughs a little and looks at Roy saying. "You know that's not true Roy." "No. We can still get you help. Just hang in there!" "Roy, it pierced my heart. By the time help gets here I'll be long dead." Roy shakes his head with tears in his eyes and says. "No, no, please no." "Roy. It's okay, at least tell me I hit that guy? Right?"

Roy looks at him then remembers that he pulled the knife out of his leg. "Yeah, pierced his leg. He looked mad and he had a limp." "(Laughs) Good. I was hoping to aim for his arm but I guess my aim is a little off." "No, it's not. You were in a fit of rage Maes, it could've happened to anyone." "Even you?" "(Shaky breathe) Yeah, even me."

"Roy?" "Yes Maes?" "Make that pretty girl your wife, she'd make a wonderful one." Roy clenches his jaw as the tears threatened to fall. "I promise, i will make her my wife. I swear it." "Good. Roy?" "Yeah?" Hughes does a gesture with his head for Roy to come closer and Roy complies knowing he was short on breathe. Roy puts his ear near Hughes mouth as he whispers the words. Roy says. "I swear I will." Then sits back up and Hughes eyes are closed and he stopped breathing.

The others looked horrified as Roy hid his eyes behind his bangs.

A few minutes passed and the doors opened to reveal the Fullmetal team and Hohenheim in the entrance. "We're here! Where-oh no." Edward said looking at what was happening in front of him. Hawkeye and Armstrong tied up while Roy was on his knees looking at Hughes on the ground, unmoving.

Edward looked horrified as the others looked shocked. Winry was whispering 'no', Alphonse was close to crying, Hohenheim bowed his head and Cassidy was crying. She turned a heel and ran off. Edward took his knife and started untying their friends. When he untied Roy, he sprung up to his feet and ran off to where Cassidy went. Nobody stopped him from doing so since they needed each other.

As Roy ran into the forest he was able to find Cassidy hugging her knees under a tree. Roy walked up to her and stood in front of her, she looked up at him crying and Roy saw her eyes. They were puffy but looked dead, she then said. "I'm sorry Roy, I'm so sorry about Hughes." Roy didn't say anything but just get on his knees and hugged her tight. "It's okay. Hughes died trying to kill the one who hurt you because that's who he is. He'd die for his friends and he certainly cared about you Cassy."

Cassidy's eyes started getting life back and hugged back crying. She buried her head in his chest as he stroked her head.

One week later

Roy's POV

I was in my uniform at Maes Hughes's funeral and everyone was here, even the Führer was here. The Fullmetal team were here but were hiding aways to avoid attraction. I didn't blame them, they were on the run and in hiding. I heard Elicia crying with Gracia, then Armstrong cried as well, I didn't though. I just hid my eyes under my hat. After the funeral and the sun was setting, I stood in front of Hughes grave holding my hat and started talking.

"Promoted to brigadier general for dying in the line of duty. The military is supposed to protect those who can't protect themselves we really are horrible people. Ishval, the Elrics and Rockbell girl and right now. I couldn't save Cassy or you from his clutches. I promise that he'll pay for this."

I heard footsteps from behind me and I saw Cassy standing next to me with a sad look on her face. She was wearing a black dress in respect for Hughes. "Are, you okay?" I reply to her while putting my hat back. "Yes except, it's a terrible day for rain." She looked at the sky and said. "But it's not raining." I look at the sky and said as a tear fell down my face. "Yes, it is." "Yeah, it is." I felt her take my hand, giving it a comforting squeeze.

I intertwine our fingers and giving her a gentle squeeze, silently asking her not to leave. She leaned her head into my arm and put her other hand on my arm and gave it a squeeze as I felt tears fall onto our hands.

Rip Hughes, he will be missed. 😢😭🥺
~🦾🦿~🤖🦾🦿~🧤🔥~🛠🔧~🦅🔫~💪✨~👓🔪~