We found our reason to fight

Cassidy's POV

It's been about a month since we departed from our friends, we found them a new home back at Resembool. Mei and Alphonse were sad to leave each other but promised to see each other again. We were currently looking for a place to stay for the night in east city and it was already noon, as we were walking we stumbled upon a big house. We looked at it in awe and Edward said. "It's so big." Suddenly we heard a howl and Edward screamed.

We looked at him to see a big white dog on Edward and we were shocked to see a big dog. "Edward?!" "Ed?!" "Brother?!" Edward just groaned under the dog in despair. Suddenly the door opened to reveal a little girl with dark brown hair in long twin braids and blue eyes and a man with short light brown hair and blue eyes wearing glasses. The little girl said in a baby voice. "Alexander, you know that's bad." "Oh my, I'm very sorry about that." I looked at them with a smile and said. "It's okay. We should be apologizing too, we're sorry for trespassing on your property." "It's quite alright. Would like to come in for some tea?"

We looked at each other and nodded. Alexander got off Edward and we went inside for tea. We learned their names as well, the man was Shou Tucker and the little girl was his daughter named Nina. We all sat at the table as Tucker talked. "So you ran away from home at a young age to stay together? That's awful that they wanted to separate all of you." "Yeah, it was even the people we trusted the most but instead it was for information for cases similar to us." "Do you know why they were after you in the first place?" "Apparently they were after Ed, Cas and Al's father Hohenheim. Apparently he has something for them to use, we're not sure why." "That's such a heavy burden, how long have you been on the run for?" "Two years." "Two years? Do you have any education at all?"

We shook our head and I looked down. We did go to school but after our parents died and we went on the run, I guess you can say we're not that smart for some things and while we were at teachers all we did was train. "I have an idea, how about you stay with us for awhile and catch up on your education? I have a library here and you can read all you want." "Thank you sir but we simply couldn't do that. If the military finds us here you could be arrested for holding wanted people." "It's quite all right I don't mind and besides, It'd be good for Nina to have some friends here. I'm very busy at the moment with my work and I'm afraid that I don't have any time for here."

We looked at each other and smiled. I looked at Tucker and said. "Sure, we'd love to stay." "Yeah! New friends!" Nina giggled as Alexander barked. Tucker lead us to his library and we were amazed by the books in it. We stared reading to catch up on our education, after while I stopped reading and looked at the time. It was already 6:30. "Jeez have we been reading all day? I guess that's what happens when your a bookworm." I heard laughter and followed it to see Nina on Al's shoulders and Winry playing with Alexander. I chuckled and leaned against the bookshelf. "What's all this?"

Al and Winry looked at me nervously. "Oh uh." "Nina got lonely and wanted to play." "Better hope Ed doesn't find out." They sighed in relief and continued playing while I watched. A minute later, Ed comes in and sees us not studying. "What are you doing?!" Al looked at Ed and said. "Uh, Nina wanted to play." "Did you forget that we're here to study and not play horsey! Get back to work!" But then Alexander jumped on Edward again, crushing him. We looked at him and Nina said. "Alexander wants to play too little big brother." Alexander gets off of Edward and he gets up slowly. "You bested me once dog but it won't happen again. For I am Edward Elric! And I won't be beaten by you again! Get back here you mangy mutt!" Edward chases after Alexander and he runs off. Me and Winry stare at him amused while Al sighed at Edward's foolishness as Nina giggled.

After awhile Tucker comes back and asked. "How goes the studying?" He looks at us to see us looking at Edward under Alexander, I look at him knowingly and said. "The great Edward Elric got defeated by a dog, funny." "Shut up." Edward gets up as Tucker says. "With all that studying you must be dog tired." Edward groans at that as Tucker laughs a bit. "I set up your rooms. I'll lead you to them." Tucker lead us to our rooms, Me and Winry got our own as well as the boys.