ʟᴇꜰᴛᴏᴠᴇʀ

"That's honestly fantastic you're trying out for the team. That means I get to cheer for you on the stands." I was behind her, hovering my hand over hers, demonstrating moves to improve her movements, making it smoother for the girl.

"It means more than you know that you're helping me. Thank you." Her hand that was below mine moved up, making my hand hold hers. She turned to look behind her, glancing down to my lips than back to my eyes, she subtly took a step behind her for her to be almost an inch away from me. Her back was almost touching my chest.

"Of course."

  I wasn't doing quidditch this year due to an injury I faced last year that greatly affected my playing skills. My right wrist couldn't move properly and I honestly think the collision somehow did something to my brain, everything seemed slow pace, or maybe that was normal, I couldn't tell anymore.

Realizing Ginny was slowly getting closer again, I coughed loudly, pulling away from her. "So, uh, you got the hang of it now?" She looked a bit hurt, but I couldn't let us lead to that, not yet at least. There was something about Ginny that made me want to take my time and actually enjoy the moment, I didn't want to move so fast, it would erase the purpose of actually wanting to be with her, or was I lying to myself. Did I want to kiss her?

"Yup." Ginny picked up the broomstick off the ground, placing it under in between her thighs. She was about to fly off to put the movements to the test, but before taking off, I placed my hand over her shoulder gently, indicating her to stop.

She looked at me with confusion until I pecked a soft kiss on her lips. A tint of pink washed all over her cheeks and a small toothless smile crept in, she was trying to hide the fact she was blushing, but it was noticeable.

"Why'd you do that?"

"I've been wanting to."

__

After practicing quidditch, we decided to head back for dinner at the great hall. While we walked throughout the halls, we didn't notice till now how sweaty we were, the long sleeves didn't help the fact I was dripping in sweat in every spot. I couldn't imagine how foul we probably smelled. Rather than heading back to shower before dinner, I decided to walk Ginny back first as a nice gesture.

Turning a corner, I unexpectedly felt Ginny's hand sneak hers into mine. She didn't get a hold of my hand properly, so it was more of her holding my fingers like a little toddler. I adjusted our hands, making it easier for the both of us. We interlocked our fingers and I immediately felt a warm feeling in my stomach, a feeling of comfortably, safeness, and even joy.

"Ginny?" You're joking.

"You're joking." Ginny mumbled as her grip tightened in my hand. We were both thinking the same thing. Great minds think alike.

"Sister who is this?" There was Ron and Harry walking side by side in there gray gryffindor sweater, black slacks, and white collared with their matching tie underneath the sweater. "This is Y/N."

We both stopped in place. once we reached the two guys. "Y/n." He tasted in this mouth, dragging the last syllable in an intimidating way, but he didn't do a good job, if anything, I felt more comfortable. I was just witnessing a brother being protective over his little sister, it was natural.

"I'm Y/N. It's nice to finally meet you both." I stuck my hand out for them to shake, but Ron only glared at me. "I'm Harry. It is quite a pleasure. I'm afraid we already heard your name. We're well aware of you." He shook my hand firmly for a few seconds before letting go.

"Ah Potter. Yes, i've definitely heard you. My parents absolutely adore you. Also, you don't say. How do you know me?"

"From Hermione." Ron interrupted. He kept throwing daggers with the way he glared at me, thinking it would break me, I only smiled. "Hermione, huh? I'm hoping she's mentioned good things."

Harry scratched the back of his neck, releasing a nervous laugh, coughing to himself to regain his words. "Uhm, kind of. Both good things and bad."

Bad? What did I ever do to her. Wanting to ask more, Ron nudged to Harry and moved his head insinuating them to walk away. 

Harry glanced at Ron, taking the hint, then looking back at me and Ginny. "We actually have to meet up with her right now. Picking her up. We'll see you both at dinner. It was a pleasure meeting you once again Y/N." He gave a slight nod to me before walking away with Ron.

"I'm so sorry about that. He gets so annoying and bloody weird when it comes to-"

"It's seriously okay. Promise. He was just looking after you." I squeezed her hand to assure her that she has nothing to be embarrassed about. Her worried concerns seem to disappear as she displayed a warm smile to me. "You're the best."

She was so sweet, if only someone, could be sweet like her. Now knowing she's included bad things to my name to the two boys, it made stung my heart and feel embarrassed. I wondered what I did to make her think so poorly of me.

"Surprisingly your brother took it okay in a way. I thought he was gonna go to his wits end like Hermione said he would," I said, chuckling as we continued to walk.

"I didn't know you knew Hermione. Small world, huh?" I nodded. Ginny didn't know I knew her from the app, and I want to keep it that way, she doesn't need to know. It's not like anything was going on between me and Hermione. It was all playful.

Even if I did like Hermione at one point, she would've never reciprocate the feelings.

__

  "Lady of the hour!" One of my best friends, Emmie, exclaimed. Throwing her hands up for me to sit with her and my other friends at the table, I blushed at how we both got stares from how loud she was.

"You really know how to embarrass me." I pushed her hands down and sat down next to her. The table was fulfilled with treats and goodies. Eyeing the gourmet chicken tenders, I quickly grabbed about 5, placing it on my plate for me to devour. I was extremely hungry from practice with Ginny.

"Whatever. How was your date with Ginny. Dean saw you guys basically make out on the field." I furrowed my eyebrows. Dean loved exaggerating things, especially when it came to two people, it was stupid, but he was my friend. It was really hard to tell if he was telling the truth or going hyperbole on you to keep you interested, hooking you to his story.

"That definitely did not happen. I kissed her cheek, but that's it." I lifted up one of the tenders, dipping it into some sauce to add flavor.

"Well, Dean is telling everyone." My other friend, Aurora, spoke with food still in her mouth. She twiddled with the fork in her hand, moving her head to the side in a playful manner, waiting for my response.

  My eyes widened. "What?? Why would he do that?"

"Apparently he thought so highly of himself for hooking you up on wizalove. You told him you wouldn't find anyone, so once he saw you with someone, he went all 'i told her so' mode on everyone." I clenched the food in my hand, directing my gaze to the gryffindor table in search of Dean. This man is dead.

I sat on the side of the table where I was perfectly facing theirs, so it wasn't difficult for me to look around. Looking across in a line, my eyes stopped when I saw the back of someone very familiar. I'd recognize that bushy hair anywhere, it was Hermione, talking and eating with the two other boys that sat across from her.

Out of nowhere, Harry looked to Hermione's side and caught me staring. I suppose Harry told Hermione, because the girl turned around, connecting with my eyes, just looking at me.

Not knowing what to do, I flashed a toothless smile, hoping she would do the same, she rolled her eyes and turned back around. Ouch.

____

a/n: thank you sm for reading this book ! updating on a daily basis for you guys to read