ᴀʙꜱᴇɴᴛ

Third person pov

  The days were getting repetitive due to the bathroom punishment. Winter finally rolled around, wizalove was still being investigated, and classes were just overwhelming like always.

The only thing that really got Y/N through the day was her friends and especially Hermione. The two have been hanging together like there's no tomorrow. From eating at the great hall together to sneaking around an empty hall in between class to snog.

Y/N did not mind at all.

Wizalove was still talked about amongst the students, maybe even staff — weird. But it was much more calm. Y/N hasn't been harassed since the announcement, however it could also be from her not acknowledging anyone else but Hermione.

Not to mention, it was Y/N's last day today for detention and Aurora had a few more days till she could go back to quidditch.

"Bugger," Y/N cursed under her breath. She repeated by wiping the raggedy cloth on the mirror. If only she could use magic, but of course, Professor Sprout denied the option.

Y/N pulled the rag away, seeing the mirror still blurry than clear. Taking a break before she starts to have another frustration episode, she tossed the rag into the bucket and quickly washed her hands.

'45 more minutes, just 45 more minutes then i'm done,'  Y/N recited in her head.

A creak was heard, meaning a prefect was up there to check on her. Y/N wondered who it was. Different prefects have been supervising her. Though she was hoping it was one of the hufflepuff prefects since they tended to be the only ones to attempt to speak to her and keep her company.

Y/N didn't bother to look, she just focused on the sink in front of her. Splashing icy cold water on her face, she desperately needed to regain herself to have the energy for cleaning today.

As Y/N began loosening her tie, a voice spoke.

"Stressed?"

   "What are you doing here?" Y/N saw the girl she's been fond of, smiling and presenting herself neatly. She had her hair in a ponytail and wore her usual school attire — a black skirt and a grey vest that covered her white buttoned long sleeve.

You could tell how their dynamic was between them by the way they presented themselves. Y/N's long sleeve was messily untucked, while Hermione had hers completely tucked.

"I'm signed up for the 15 minutes check ups. I am a prefect after all," Hermione cockily said, grinning.

  Y/N chuckled. "Why am I not surprised."

"Mm."

"So..am I doing good?" Y/N said, presenting the last two mirrors besides her that was completely wiped down.

"Very."

"I'm just having trouble with this one fucking mirror."

Hermione walked over, tilting her head and pursing her lips. While Y/N had her eyes on the mirror, all of sudden the mirror was clean, much cleaner than the ones she did.

Y/N snapped her head at Hermione's direction. "Did you just — you know you can get in trouble for helping me."

"No one needs to know," Hermione lowly said, raising her eyebrows.

"You sneaky girl," Y/N mumbled, shaking her head at the girl who was always never disobeyed the rules.

It was shocking to say the least.