ꜱɴᴇᴀᴋʏ ᴘʟᴀɴ

Third person pov

"Bloody hell. I've never seen so many students in the great hall," Jack commented, wondering his eyes to different directions of the room. One group stood in a circle, tossing a replica of a quaffle. Each of them found a variety of ways to throw it to a person.
For example, one guy threw it behind the back style to another girl, in which she threw it underneath between her legs.

It was quite entertaining.

"First match of the season. This will blow some steam off about the whole wizalove situation for sure. Finally hearing something else other than it," Jack added.

"Surely. Be glad you aren't on the pitch Y/N. You'd have half of the student body cheering for hufflepuff — now that I think of it..that doesn't sound as bad," Emmie contemplated, staring into a distance to imagine the crowd filled with their house color. The pride they would claim for being a hufflepuff.

"You're barking. Don't be foolish," Y/N chuckled as she took a bite of her scrambled eggs.

Aurora took a heavy breather before laying her broom on the ground besides the bench and sitting down in between Mist and Emmie.

"Goodness sakes Aurora. You here for the eating contest or the quidditch match?" Emmie snickered, staring hard at all the gear Aurora was wearing.

Most of the players just wore their warmup jersey, but it seemed like Aurora didn't get the memo. She completely went all out by wearing everything.

She was already getting hard stares from everyone with all the clattering and dragging from the broom.

"Amusing, aren't you. I just can't wait to get this game over. The butterflies in my stomach have been going mad since last night," Aurora nervously spoke. She looked down at her food, losing appetite at how of a nervous wreck she was being. All she could think of was the match.

"Loosen up. Not all the eyes will be on you. Just remember that," Y/N comforted Aurora. Yet, her words only seem to strike back at her.

"Why? Reckon they'll be on you? Attention is always on you," Aurora shot, realizing how uncalled it was. All of her friends gave her a look while Y/N shyly glanced away. "I'm sorry. It's nerves. I didn't mean to snap at you," Aurora muttered.

She wasn't half wrong though. A few students were gawking at Y/N early this morning, and one of the people to notice it was Hermione.

"Blimey Hermione. Pipe it down, would ya? You're going to laser everyone's bloody head off if you keep staring at them like that," Ron croaked with food in his mouth.

Hermione didn't even notice she was glaring at everyone, she swore she was just eating her food.

"Oh shut it Ronald. I'm just trying to find Y/N. That's all," she lied.

"Seems like she's already looking your way," Harry whispered under his breath as his eyes subtly went from Y/N to his food. He fiddled with the fork in his hand, twirling the end to play with his food.

Harry was indeed right. Y/N was looking straight at Hermione with so much adoration. Unable to take her eyes off, she just continued to stare without a care in the world. I guess that's how it felt when you fancied someone so much.

Hermione's cheeks went red. Out of all the people Y/N could be looking at, she chose her.

  All she could think of was how pretty Y/N was.

"I don't understand why I can't play. I get one minor injury from falling and get a note from Madam Pomfrey to rest. Rubbish really," Ron ranted. Hermione could hear Ron talk, but it didn't really register in her mind properly, because clearly it was already preoccupied with other things.