ʙʟɪɴᴅ ᴅᴀᴛᴇ

Third person pov

Emmie ran in the common room, clutching onto the fabric on her hand.

"Get out of my way!" She announced, moving aside a few students. The other hufflepuffs didn't even question anything, they were used to the energetic energy from the girl.

"Y/N!" Emmie called out as she got closer to the corridor. She purposely let the last letter linger to drag your name out.

Y/N picked up her head from the book she was reading, seeing Emmie breathing heavily as she barged in the room like a maniac. The door swung wide open and hit the wall, probably making a dent from how hard it was pushed.

"What are you doing Emmie?"

  "I kind of sorta have something funny to tell you," her voice wobbled.

Y/N sighed, leaning over to her side to grab a paper on her dresser and used it as a bookmark. "What is it."

"Okay, so you know how the quidditch team is hosting a fundraiser?"

Y/N nodded her head.

"So I was walking by them as they were setting up their booth, and there was Elliot, right? Elliot was holding this really nice vintage letterman quidditch jacket. You know how I love my jackets. I asked him if I could have it, then he said, '100 galleons'. I don't have that money on me — like bloody hell who do you think I am? I literally begged him for it, basically on my knees, because it had this nice print of a honey yellow—"

  "Emmie, I love you..but please get to the point."

"Right. Long story short, I got the jacket." Emmie walked to the end of Y/N's bed, jumping up and down like a kid.

"That's amazing!"

"Yes, but.." she drawled.

"But?" Y/N watched her best friend clench her teeth, awkwardly letting out a nervous smile.

"Rather than giving money, they offered something else and I said yes—" she paused, waiting to see if Y/N would take the hint. But nothing. "—basically for their fundraiser, you have to be there."

Y/N chuckled, lightly tossing her book to the middle of the bed. "Oh. That doesn't sound too bad. I can stay for a bit later today."

Emmie forced a laugh, causing Y/N to look at the girl weirdly.

"Yeah..about that. You basically have to be there because whoever chips in money will automatically be put into a raffle, and winner gets a date with you." She spoke without drawing a breath.

"You're pulling a leg. There's no way," Y/N said, shaking her head and leaning her back on the headboard.

Emmie groaned and pouted. "You have to go! I already got the jacket. Please."

"No Emmie."

The hufflepuff ran to the side of the bed, kneeling and reaching out to the girl in desperation. "Please! It's only one date. You don't even have to kiss them, but if you do, you could help me earn another merch— but that's not the point. The point is..you just have to talk to them for an hour or so. After, you don't even have to interact with them. It's like making a friend in class. You're my friend. Please do this one thing."

Batting her eyes, she made sure to stick her bottom lip out to top it all off. Y/N kept her head forward, trying to avoid her best friend, but it was getting hard once Emmie started making pathetic whimpering noises.