ᴡᴀʀᴍ ꜱɴᴜɢɢʟᴇꜱ

Third person pov

The two skipped classes. Hermione was extremely iffy about doing so, but she couldn't leave the hufflepuff alone. Not in the emotional state she was in.

Y/N was speechless after seeing the incident. Her whole body ached and barely wanted to move, but Hermione encouraged the girl to leave the hallways before they got caught. She didn't want them getting another detention, or worse. Y/N haltingly followed Hermione who lead the both of them someplace else.

Hermione knew going to the common rooms wouldn't do anything. She knew by walking all the way to the kitchen to enter the hufflepuff common room, Y/N would be on the floor complaining, barely even halfway from the kitchen.

Not only did Y/N's legs feel numb, but the girl's eyes were covered in a stream of tears.

Hermione didn't want to go to hers, because she didn't want Ginny bumping into the both of them, and get the wrong impression to make the situation worse.

So, after deliberately thinking, Hermione took the saddened girl to one of the many secret places she knew about.

You both squeezed into a corner which revealed a hidden stairwell. Y/N complained, however, she kept it to herself. She didn't want to seem ungrateful for the bushy haired girl's act of generosity.

Finally, after a couple of minutes, Hermione pushed open this wooden latch that bursted to the side. She climbed up before taking Y/N's hands, gripping them with hers to pull her up.

Y/N wiped her tears, and looked around. "Where are we?" Hermione gave a light smile, gesturing her hand towards the Great Lake and the beautiful scenery.

It soon hit the hufflepuff that it was the tower they both talked about.

It was even more beautiful than she imagined. The sun hovered the lake, making the reflection bounce off with light. The forest green trees covered the campus like a secret passageway where it felt like there was only one passage to the outside of Hogwarts.

Hermione faced the view as well, but her eyes wandered to look at Y/N, admiring her reaction. "Do you like it?"

Y/N only nodded. "I like coming here at night sometimes before curfew. The stars are marvelous out here," she continued, waiting for Y/N to respond.

But nothing. Oh, how the roles have reversed. Hermione talked to the girl, craving her voice more than ever, but Y/N just taking things in and not wanting to say a word.

It was like detention when Y/N begged for her to say something, but Hermione kept quiet.

"Here." Hermione went over to the ledge and climbed over to sit. Y/N looked at her, warily reciprocating on the opposite side of her, so they both faced each other. The two girls hugged their legs to their chest for both of them to squeeze on the same one.

Y/N couldn't help but look over, seeing how high they were. It was barely visible to even see the ground. She looked back up to face her side to look at the view.

Hermione did the same. She couldn't focus when the girl was right in front of her, sitting effortlessly beautiful, even when her eyes were puffy.

Non of them talked. Just comfortable silence.

Hermione stretched out her legs a little bit, and froze when she felt herself touch Y/N's leg on accident. The girls were fairly close, it wasn't like they were widely squished, but if the both of them did lean their heads in front of them, their foreheads would smash together.

The girl sighed out quietly when she realized Y/N didn't notice (or maybe she knew but didn't mind).

  Y/N did the same by moving her legs since hers were cramping up. She placed her hands on her knees, still bent over a little, but not fully. Hermione could feel Y/N's hand brush against her skin which caused her to have goosebumps trailing up her leg.