ᴅɪꜱᴛʀᴀᴄᴛɪᴏɴ

Third person pov

Everywhere Hermione went, all she could see was Y/N and Ginny, being happy as they could be. Hermione tried avoiding the unproblematic girls, but her curiosity was stronger than her ignorance — she craved it.

Hermione remembered telling Ron about her unwanted feelings, not confessing anything though. She just complained and complained. Ron tried understanding, but being the humorous man he is, he teased her.

"You fancy her! The smartest girl in this school can't even see through her obliviousness. How ridiculous! You like girls."

girls. 'That isn't possible' Hermione thought. All her life she never once saw herself liking one romantically. Sure, she's envied girls in her class, but only because they were either too pretty or knew a question before she did.

The girl felt herself heat up at the thought of anything more than a friend with Y/N. Without even thinking, she begged Ron to shut up. But that pretty boy's mouth continued which only caused him to run like a maniac out the room from the angered girl.

It's funny how it worked. Hermione told Harry, yet, he followed along with Ron's thoughts.

'Boys just don't know feelings.' She thought.

Hermione sat inside the library studying for exams. The girl hoped to concentrate, get alone time. But alas, there she saw Y/N sitting alone afar at the other wooden table with one of the lanterns lit. It was dim, there was no sunlight out since the sun finally set.

Y/N was studying for exams as well. This time with no Ginny by her side. The redhead had quidditch practice and didn't align with Y/N schedule, so rather than waiting in her room out of boredom, she took advantage to study ahead.

Both of the girls that were distant from one another were in one room together. One acknowledging the other, and the other one ducking down to read the words on her textbook.

Hermione lost interest in the book in front of her. Her eyes were stuck on Y/N's beauty. She envied her without even realizing it fully.

There was a few quirks she even picked up as she stared. For example, way Y/N scrunched her face when she was confused, Y/N's playing with her ring as a coping mechanism to concentrate, and the way she mouthed every word to comprehend what she was reading. Hermione felt a warm feeling in her stomach, and a rush of adrenaline from being in the same room alone with the girl she mistreated.

Hermione hated herself for not speaking up on the day of detention when she was with you at Hagrid's. Her heart wanted to speak, biting out of her chest to yell the words to stay, stay please. But nothing.

She soon deeply regretted it when she saw you move things quickly with Ginny.

She couldn't help but feel replaced.

Although that wasn't true, she thought it. Her way of dealing with her feelings didn't justify her wrongdoings, Hermione knew that, you can't forget she was incredibly smart (just not with her feelings towards someone).

A do-over was all she needed.

Y/N could feel her eyes giving in as she read. Reading made her tired. Probably why she liked reading at night, because it kept her occupied till she got sleepy. Instead of a book now, Ginny keeps her occupied. There little sleepovers started to become a thing even it was risky, because curfew was still a thing, it didn't matter to them though. They liked each other a lot.

Sadly, Y/N had a heavy heart with the news she received about Hermione. She thought it would cause her more problems, but that wasn't the case, she felt like a ton of weight was gracefully lifted off her shoulders. The reasoning she wanted, she got.

How to deal with it though? She had Ginny. The feelings she first had for Hermione started to slowly seep into the cracks of her heart, it was terrifying.

Y/N wanted to forget Hermione. For someone who was known as sweet and lively, Y/N got the complete opposite from the first impression. Maybe she liked the chase, or was it because deep down..she had a magnetic connection with Hermione that was unexplainable. Forget the looks, forget her reputation, it was just her. Her presence, her voice, her loving nature, her dedication, and her everything.

Y/N closed her book out of frustration, earning her a shh from one of the students sitting near her. She cringed at how idiotic she acted. "Sorry," Y/N whispered.

Hermione held in a giggle. She didn't know why Y/N acted like that out of nowhere, but she found it interesting, and weirdly enough..cute.

  Y/N quickly shot up, wanting to get another book from the shelves to pick up something else that had to do with anything but muggles. It reminded her too much of a specific muggle in her mind. Walking away, Hermione panicked, thinking she was gonna leave. But seeing the book left on the table, she knew Y/N was coming back.

She contemplated in her head on what she was gonna do next. Her heart jumped first to get a head start before her mind drifted off to fight off the feeling.

Hermione ripped the corner of a piece of paper and grabbed her pen, writing down on it. When she finished, she stood up, rapidly making her way to Y/N's closed book. Hermione opened up a random page and pushed the paper into the crease.

The girl went back, grabbing her books off the table and walking out of the library in hopes of avoiding bumping into Y/N.

Y/N came back just in time, right when Hermione left to be exact, but she didn't know that of course. Y/N placed her new book on the table with a little too much force which caused her other book to fall. She quietly groaned and picked up the book off the ground.

A little slip of paper peaked out of the edges. She furrowed her eyebrows wondering what it was, because it was most certainly not there before.

She swiftly took it out, unfolding it.

i miss you. i'm sorry. - h.g.

Y/N looked up to look around, seeing if Hermione was still in the room. She shook it off.

The paper was shoved in her pocket. She hates to think about it, but she needed Ginny to distract her from her feelings getting out of hand.