ᴀᴛᴛᴀᴄʜᴍᴇɴᴛ

Third person pov:

It's been two days and no response from Y/N. Hermione started to wonder if the girl even saw the note. What if she returned the book?

Hermione tried thinking of the better outcome of it. If she didn't see the note, then it saves her from the embarrassment. Even if she was wanting Y/N to read it and respond to her.

Ron was right that it was ridiculous of her to act like this. He was conflicted with it all too. On one end, he supported his sister's choices on being with Y/N, but he also thought of how mental Hermione was about her feelings for Y/N. He never saw Hermione like that. He suggested he would stay out of it, not get involved with any drama.

He was extremely protective over his sister, but for some reason he didn't feel the need to cause any harm to both his best friend or sister. Letting this flow out was his best bet.

As for Harry, it was clear as day he liked Ginny, but didn't talk much about it. Now that Hermione realized it, he was like her; however, Hermione was slowly opening up the idea about her feelings towards Y/N and acting upon it.

'Merlin's beard' Hermione thought. She was going crazy over Y/N, becoming attached. All this time she scolded Y/N for being clingy, but here she was being a hypocrite.

She couldn't help think about her note over and over again.

If only she knew, Y/N did see it. You kept reading it over and over again.

Playing the scenario in your head from when you first saw it. You wondered if she was looking at you when you were at the library, feeling a bit flustered at the thought of her paying attention.

In her eyes, Y/N thought she was just a ghost who bothered Hermione for attention. Oh well, Y/N had Ginny, and that was the only thing she had to focus on.

Ginny has been acting off. It either had to be the fact she was iffy about Hermione or she was bothered with school work. Actually, it was neither. It was you.

The day Y/N finished up with studying at the library, she went over to Ginny's room to sleep with her. As usual, Y/N stripped in only her underwear and an extra shirt of Ginny's to sleep in, but as you were asleep, Ginny was still getting ready for bed. She tried not to make much noise since there were others in the room, and didn't want to wake them up.

She was folding up your clothes on the floor until she felt an object in your pants. Being nosy, she took it out and read Hermione's little letter.

Ginny looked back at the girl she fancied. She was hurt. Extremely hurt. Her hurt soon turned to rage and betrayal. The redhead already felt wary about
Y/N and Hermione, so this made her suspicion grow even more. Feeling like her worries were answered.

She slept in your arms, thinking it would be the last time. Y/N hugged her tightly to feel her warmth and comfort. Ginny only turned away with her back facing Y/N.

The next day, you still talked to Ginny like everything was normal, but she only stared at you with no emotion. Every response was at maximum four words to you.

Y/N didn't think much of it. She thought it was one of those typical bad days.

  After escorting Ginny to class, Y/N walked off, and Ginny found that as an opportunity to get back at Y/N.

Doing the unexpected, she skipped class to drag off Dean with her. She pushed him into one of the empty classrooms and smashed her lips onto him, putting all the anger into it — payback. Kissing someone was one thing, but kissing one of her best friends, now that would destroy Y/N. It didn't matter to Ginny though. She was hurt. This was the only way she knew how to deal with her emotions; run away.

Dean, being the best friend he is, pushed her off. A flood of emotions hit him, rethinking of all the good times he had with the girl. Dean was happy for Y/N to find an interest in someone, despite it was someone he once liked. For goodness sakes, he was happy enough to tell people about it.

But something in him craved more. He missed her touches. Yes, their relationship before was toxic, however, Dean liked it. Toxicity was a drug.

He grabbed her to pull her in for another kiss.

Ginny had insecurities. So ever since she found out about what Ron told her, she found Dean. This was disappointingly not the first time, so after seeing your little note from Hermione, it just gave her a better reason to continue it.

Y/N was no idiot. Her instincts were one of her many good features. She knew Ginny was acting off, so she waited for Ginny to walk inside her classroom as she hid behind a corner.

Minutes later, she saw Ginny walk off with her best friend in such a hurry. Out of curiosity, she followed quietly to see them walk into one of the empty classrooms.

Taking a peek in, her heart broke.

There she saw the two people she cared most betraying her.

Tears started to form in her eyes, her legs trembling, and heart aching like someone was physically squeezing it with so much force. Y/N put her hand over her mouth, wanting to prevent her from making any noise, covering her whimpers.

"Hey, you okay?" Y/N slowly turned around seeing Hermione looking at her with concern. Hermione saw the girl with tears flowing down her cheeks and puffy red nose moving up and down fast, breathing heavily. Just like Y/N, her heart broke. But not because of the same reason. Her heart broke from the sight of Y/N like that. Hermione's face softened. She felt her walls fall down, wanting to forget all the problems they had towards each other and comfort her.

"What's wrong?" Hermione cooed. 

  Y/N couldn't speak. It was like a lump formed inside of her throat making it impossible to speak. So, she pointed to the room, hoping Hermione would understand. And she did.

Hermione peeked in the room and wasn't upset, she was pissed. She really thought Ron's sister was innocent. Oh how was she wrong. She was as toxic as Dean when it came to relationships.

Hermione wasn't the kind of student to skip any of her classes. Throughout her years, this was her very first time skipping. Why? Because she was walking to class till she saw Y/N hiding behind the wall staring at someone.

Her heart got another head start. Not thinking of the consequences she would face, she followed Y/N.

She sacrificed the one thing she would've never done in a million years just to be with Y/N.

Y/N was her change in life.