ɴᴇᴡ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ

Third person pov

  "Busy, are we?"

Y/N looked up from her book.

Venice flashed a smile, holding a book closely to her chest. "Leave me alone Venice. I am not in the mood."

"You can't be studying here alone in the restricted area. I'm sure you need some comp—"

"Actually I'm tutoring her. So, if you don't mind." A slender girl with jet black hair and pale-ish skin appeared, pulling the chair out next to Y/N.

"Val."

It seemed like Venice already knew the ravenclaw.

"Venice," Val reciprocated, but her tone was more amused rather than bothered.

"Didn't know you knew Y/N," Venice said through her teeth, trying to keep her composure, keeping in her jealousy in.

Val placed a hand over Y/N's shoulder purposely to get a reaction out of the girl. "Yeah, she reached me on Wizalove looking for a tutor. Now if you don't mind." Val waved her finger, pointing to the exit.

Venice didn't even say another word. She just rolled her eyes, removing her hands from the table and sending a fake smile to the two before she left.

"You need to control your girls, Y/N. You're slowly gonna have a little fan base of your own. More than Krum possibly," Val joked. She soon placed a pile of books from the ground to the desk and took her pen out.

"I reckon they'll move on in a month," Y/N muttered under her breath.

Val grabbed one of the books and swiped through the pages, glancing from the book to Y/N. "You know, my friend thinks you'll make number 1. First guy on the list supposedly has a fling, so people are losing interest."

"Your friend must be a comedian I suppose. I doubt that'll even happen. I'm sure it'll die down any time now."

  The ravenclaw propped her elbow on the desk, leaning her head on it, staring at Y/N. A small grin played on her lips. "You should take advantage of it. If I were you, I'd be using it for everything. Not just pleasure, but sources. For example, this, the tutoring."

"Is that why you're here? To — to maybe I don't know, get in my pants?"

Val let out a chuckle. "That's a bold accusation. I came here because you need help. Don't let that head of yours get too big. Many people may want you, but remember, not everyone."

"And that includes you?" Y/N asked, sightly challenging the girl in a playful tone.

"If I wanted you, you'd already be in my arms. Let's just say that."

Y/N let out a smile, realizing she was making a new friend.

"So, let's go ahead and start off with muggle transportation, yeah?" Val picked up her head, sliding the book between them, and soon Val started pointed out the paragraphs, along with reading them aloud.

Throughout studying for an hour or so, Y/N picked up her eyes, keeping her head down but looking ahead of her. The sound of a bumping and whispering distracted her.

Val continued explaining, thinking Y/N was paying attention. But the hufflepuff was looking around till she completely lost interest on studying once she saw the curly haired gryffindor.

Hermione held Kade's hand, leading the both of them to the other side of the aisle, far enough for Y/N and Val to not be seen the two.

The couple giggled, stealing kisses.