ᴄᴜᴘɪᴅ ꜱᴛʀɪᴋᴇꜱ

Third person pov

"Why would you drag me out here? We might get caught."

Hermione and Y/N were out near the dock of the black lake. It was already past their curfew, but Y/N suggested they went out after dinner at the great hall. Of course, Hermione wasn't too fond over the idea, but how could she say no to Y/N?

"If you keep chatting we will be. Just come closer to the water," Y/N pushed, walking ahead of Hermione.

The gryfinndor crossed her arms together from the cold breeze, and followed the other adventurous girl.

But they soon came to stop, Hermione stood a few steps away from Y/N, but Y/N was nearly on the edge of the dock, staring down at the water.

Y/N saw her own reflection from the moon shining, reflecting on the water.

She thought it was quite beautiful.

"Step away from there, you might fall."

Y/N glanced behind her, seeing Hermione shaking her head and hugging herself from how cold it was. "I'm not that clumsy," Y/N said with a laugh.

"Yes, but you are an idiot." Hermione grew anxious as she saw Y/N raise a foot in the air, levitating itself over the water. "What are you doing?!" Hermione continued.

"Cool down, Mione. It's quite fun!" She was indeed having fun, the adrenaline seeping in as to whether or not she would actually accidentally slip.

Throughout Hermione's time at hogwarts, she's never once swam in the black lake. I mean, sure, she's dipped her foot in, but she immediately pulled back from how blistering it felt as the freezing water touched her warm skin.

"Can you stop," Hermione begged.

"Just bloody try it. You'll feel alive, please?" Y/N quietly said with a little pout to convince the girl. Hermione watched Y/N back away from the water and make her way towards her.

Y/N extended her arm to the lake, telling Hermione to do it. "It wouldn't hurt," Y/N added.

Hermione contemplated in her head, glancing from the lake to a grinning Y/N.

"Fine." Y/N clapped her hands, cupping her hands over mouth and quietly chanted Hermione's name.

"But if I fall, you owe me." Hermione threatened the girl before stepping away to go to the edge of the dock.

She turned around once she was. "There."

"What? No. Put a leg over the water and balance yourself."

Hermione rolled her eyes at Y/N's commands. "That's not gonna happen," she spoke back with a sassy attitude.

Y/N sighed and straightened her lips.

"At least look over the water. You'll see your reflection, it's beautiful." Hermione took in her genuine words, feeling as if it was necessary to do before she stepped back from the water. It wasn't like she was gonna fall in just from looking over.

So finally giving in, Hermione faced the water and leaned her head over the wooden dock, looking at her reflection.

Her mouth slowly dropped, taking in the beautiful illuminating light and view of the moon in the water. It sort of reminded her of another kind of beauty, the reflection didn't quite match the other one, but it was close.

"This is so — ah!" Hermione felt her body being wrapped by something and pulled into the water. The water quickly made its way in her mouth, swallowing a few before lunging herself upwards and coughing it up.