Revenge 2

"Ok I'll tell you a story before that. The reason I became Kaitou KID, so listen carefully"

Shinichi just nodded and focused on the story. He also watched Kaito's movement. He was shaking and Shinichi made a move to hold Kaito's hand. Kaito was surprised.

"So you're telling me, you're searching a magical gem named Pandora which also being searched by a dangerous organisation. Once you find it, you want to throw the gem in front of the organisation because they killed your father, for revenge."

Shinichi ended his words and raised his eyebrow to the thief who was looking down. Kaito just nodded.

Revenge huh?

"Don't you think it's stupid?"

Kaito was surprised with the answer and looked up with wide eyes.

"Stupid?"

Shinichi could sensed Kaito's anger and sighed.

"Ok I'm sorry if you feel offended. I don't know what it feels to lose someone you love but.... Revenge always gives you bad endings, you know."

Kaito suddenly tensed his body.

Bad endings?

"What do you mean?"

"Come on. I've seen many murderers with revenge."

Shinichi rolled his eyes.

"Ok you're not planning to kill them, right?"

Kaito gave a nod.

"After you throw that gem, what are you going to do? Let them kill you? I'm sure you don't have any plan after you do that, right?"

Kaito bit his lips and answered with his eyes avoiding Shinichi's.

"Who do you think I'm? "

"Kaitou KID? Hm yeah, sure you can use your stupid sleeping cans but they know you. They know you tactics. They know your rules. Plus, They have guns, snipers and all. Moreover, you're alone! "

Shinichi let out another sigh when seeing Kaito looking down the floor again.

"Say, have you think about the future?"

"Future?"

"What do you want to do after everything end?"

He don't know. He never think about it. He always thought about Pandora and his father. He never think what will happen. Just like the detective said, he always thought he would die once he found Pandora. Without telling him, the shrunken detective already knew what was the thief thinking.

"Don't you want happiness? Letting the past go? Feel free?"

"What?"

"I'm asking you, do you want to feel free? Free from all of these. Living your own life without any mask. Or are you really don't care about your life except the gem and the revenge? You know right, revenge won't bring your dad back?"

He gulped. Searching for the answer and the answer he got was he wanted to be free. He didn't want to lie to anyone again. He didn't want to keep hiding behind the mask. But

"Is it okay?"

With a low voice, he asked. Shinichi just gave him a smile. A bright smile and Kaito could feel the warmth in the smile.

"Yes. It's okay. It's okay to drop your mask. You can drop it with me. Just trust me and let me help you, okay?"

Kaito just nodded, didn't notice his tears had started to flow. Shinichi pulled Kaito to embrace him. He didn't even care about his leg anymore. Whispering some comfy words.

"You're not alone. I'll stay by your side. I don't care about your revenge but I won't let you do that alone, you understand?"

He cried harder hearing those words. Tightening his grip on the little detective's shirt.

After calming down a bit, Kaito asked Shinichi.

"Say, why do you want to help me?"

"Because you've helped before"

Kaito tried to reply but being cut off by Shinichi.

"Besides, I dont want to see you die and..."

Kaito swore he saw Shinichi blushed and smirked.

"And ~~~?"

Shinichi tried to kick the thief but stopped once he felt the pain.

"Slowdown there. You're still recovering, Meitantei"

"I know, stupid KID"

Kaito stared at Shinichi for a moment and moved to his ear.

"Kaito. Call me Kaito, Shinichi"

He whispered and grinned his usual signature grin when seeing the little detective suddenly lied down and growling under the pillow.

.

The day was still vivid in Kaito's mind. Currently, He was on bed with Shinichi. Watching Shinichi sleeping really made him calm.

"What are you staring for?"

Kaito almost jumped hearing the question and seeing the cold stare but then he smiled. He hugged Shinichi after that. Shinichi was confused.

"What's the matter, Kaito"

"Nothing, just want to say thank you."

"For what?"

"For freeing me"

Shinichi could hear the other yawned and didn't reply.

"I love you"

Hearing the words, Shinichi just let out a sigh. He put his head against Kaito's chest once the other fell asleep.

I love you too, Stupid.

Omake...

It was 5 am in morning..

"Shinichi, are you awake?"

Shinichi who half asleep just give a hum.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"What is it?"

"Are you serious when you said you'd stalked me and broke in my house back then?"

"Yeah. I did but I didn't stalk you. I just put some small camera at the bushes in front of your house. About the broke in, well. I did learn how to enter through windows and lock picking thanks to a certain thief."

He yawned and fell asleep again. Kaito just shocked hearing the confession. A detective broke into a thief house. Yeah sure he can put a camera for evidence but broke in was opposite of the laws. Kaito just let out a chuckle and kissed Shinichi's forehead.

He really is the best.

The end~~~

Yeah it's weirdddd.... The storyline is weird.. But oh well.. So if you've seen grammar mistakes I'm sorry... Thanks for readingggg