Cowlick

Kaito and Shinichi were having such a nice day. They were at their off day. No work, no case and no chaos. Just Shinichi reading while his head laying on Kaito's lap.

Kaito was playing with Shinichi's hair. He always love the other's hair. Despite being neat, the cowlick always attract his attention because it.... interesting.

Shinichi ignored the weird hand that playing his hair especially his cowlick because it kinda tickle but at the same time warm. Most of it all, he loved it. He hummed happily while reading his favourite Holmes book.

"Hey, Shinichi. Don't you think your cowlick is cursed."

The comfortable silenced was broke and Shinichi looked up at Kaito with the what-the-heck kind of face.

"Are you serious?"

"I'm serious! Do you even know how much I take my time everytime I disguise as you!"

He complained and Shinichi glared at him.

"Then, stop disguising as me."

He turned back his focus on his book and Kaito whined.

"That's not the point!"

And continued pointing at the fact that Shinichi's cowlick was cursed.

"Even when you took bath, it stands and not being like a normal hair or cowlick. It always stands. Stands, Shinichi! Unlike your--"

"Shut up!!!"

Shinichi cut him off with smacking his face with the book. His face was heating up. Shinichi couldn't believe what Kaito had said just now. Wasn't it embarassing??? Shinichi sighed and apologised.

"You're cruel."

"You asked for it."

Kaito sticked out his tongue when Shinichi ignored him and read his book again. Another silence echoed loud in the room.

To be honest, anyone would be bored in this situation but Kaito didn't. He was happy everytime he looked down at his lover face, reading his favourite book with sparkling eyes.

Sometimes he let out a chuckle and Shinichi looked up at him. His eyebrows would be arching, signing confused. Kaito then would said Shinichi was cute and grinned when Shinichi blushed again and mumbling something like 'idiot', 'stupid' or 'shameless'. Ah he loved Shinichi too much.

This time Shinichi was the one who broke the silence.

"About my cowlick earlier..."

Kaito hummed, playing with Shinichi's hair again while closing his eyes.

"Have you seen Ran's hair? She has a horn."

Shinichi stated with slightly amused voice. His focus still on the book though. Kaito blinked at him and let out a loud laugh that made Shinichi startled. Shinichi looked up again with annoyed eyes this time.

"Sorry sorry. It's just. Hahahaha. No wonder you guys have such weird hair. As expected from the two childhood--"

Shinichi smacked his face again with the book. Kaito hissed in pain and this time Shinichi didn't apologise. Kaito glared at Shinichi who 'hmph!' him and read his book again. After hearing the cute sound, Kaito forgot his glare and burst into laughter again.

Shinichi groaned for umpteenth time. He hated when Kaito act like this but at the same time, he also loved it. He let out a soft sigh and a small smile started to appear on his face. Why did he fall in love with this man again?

When Kaito saw that, he stopped laughing and smiled softly. He low his body and blew some air at Shinichi's ear. Shinichi tried not to flinch but he could see the faint pinkish on his ear and smirked.

"Either way, I love your cowlick and the smile you're wearing right now so much."

He whispered and didn't surprised when Shinichi gave another smacked on his face. Kaito started to wonder when his nose would break.

-------

That's all~~~ Thank you for reading💕