Proposal Gone Wrong?

Hi hi everyone. Here a proposal fic for you! Hope you enjoy it >w</
Warning: Hurt Kaito, Crying Shinichi, Poison

.

Shinichi was pouting while finishing his report. No one was daring enough to disturb him because a moody Kudou Shinichi was equal to a super sarcastic Kudou Shinichi. They knew they couldn't handle that side of him.

And all this happened due to Kuroba Kaito, his boyfriend. His boyfriend hadn't answered Shinichi's phone calls, messages and even met him for days. He was worried and well, missed Kaito a little. Thus, Shinichi had asked everyone he knew about Kaito and they just laughed and shrugged it off.

Shinichi tightened the pen in his grip while glaring at his phone. Inside his genius mind, he was planning a hundred ways to make the magician suffer.

The train of thoughts was stopped when a message notification popped up with the name of its sender. As fast as lightning, Shinichi released the pen and took the phone. When he first opened the text app, Shinichi had planned to send all curse words he knew but he dismissed it when he finally read the text. Instead, he bit his lip to prevent his lips from smiling fondly while replying to his text. He also tried his best to repress the blush on his cheek. From who? He didn't know.

KUROBA KAITO
I'm sorry that I ignored you for days, Shinichi T~T
You must miss me a lot don't you? OwO
I've heard from others you've been searching for me ¬v¬
Well, rest assured. Your knight can finally meet you VvV
To make up with you, I'll pick you up later at 6.
We'll have dinner together at the restaurant I've booked, okay >w<
So, see you soon, Shinichi.
I love you V3V

KUDOU SHINICHI
Idiot. Why would I even miss you?
Better be a great restaurant or I'll give you a soccer ball straight to your dumb face.

.

Once the waiter was gone by his sight, Shinichi dropped his smile, turned to Kaito and hissed, "When you told me we would have dinner together, I thought you would let me change my outfit first!"

Kaito blinked at him like he was an idiot.

"Is there a problem with it?"

"Of course! Don't you see how formal everyone's attire is. Including yours! A white suit and even a red tie while mine is only a normal collar shirt and jeans! Some of them even looked at me weirdly!" Shinichi shouted as low as possible to avoid disturbing other customers.

And Kaito laughed.

Shinichi's eyebrow twitched and he instantly pouted at that. Seriously, Shinichi really wanted to strangle him. It was bad that he had gone from who knew where and now this?!

"Well, even if you're like this, you're more beautiful than anyone here," Kaito said with a grin between his laugh. That statement was enough to make Shinichi blush bright red.

"Flirty bastard," he whispered to himself.

After that moment, they continued talking about many random things while waiting for the food. Although Shinichi wondered, if it was his mind playing with him or if Kaito really seemed nervous. He didn't ask about his absence through out the conversation though, because Shinichi believed in Kaito.

He believed he would tell him the truth soon.

And he was right.

It was not long after their food arrived and they started to eat them.

"Shinichi," Kaito said with all seriousness. It made Shinichi turn his attention from his food to Kaito.

"What is it?"