It's Okay 3

Hi hiiii. Happy holiday! Here's the final part for the story. I hope you like it though because it seems too rush for me and less emotional and I hate it urghhh.
Warning: Crying Shinichi, Injured Shinichi, Caring Kaito

.

Kaito landed softly at the balcony with an exciting smile on his face. He turned to lockpick the window and opened it a bit. He wanted to greet the detective but suddenly there was a loud scream.

"Meitantei!" Kaito quickly jumped into Kudou's bedroom before rushing out to search for the scream. His eyes widened when he saw Kudou lying at the walkway with his hand clenching his chest. Kudou groaned a bit before screaming in pain again. Kaito quickly ran to his side.

"What- what's wrong, Meintantei? You're burning hot!" Kaito asked in panic while holding Kudou in his arms. It worried him how he could still feel Kudou's heat even though both were wearing their outfits.

"K-Kid... W-What are you doing here?"

"I–," Kudou's rough cough cut him off. Kaito gritted his teeth at how painful it was for him to hear it. Thus, determined to carry the detective in his bed, Kaito tried to carry the detective but the detective pushed Kaito away and they fell.

"Go away... from me...," Kudou said slowly while trying to stand straight, which he failed miserably due to another bad cough, and tried to walk further from him. Kaito could only stare at the detective's back for a moment. Thinking through what was happening to Kudou.

And he finally knew.

"I thought that was the real antidote," Kudou flinched and Kaito narrowed his eyes.

"And that's why I told you to go away! I don't need you seeing me in this–," Kudou fell before he could finish his sentence and Kaito almost didn't manage to catch him. Kaito tried calling Kudou's name but Kudou couldn't answer because he was gritting his teeth and closing his eyes too tight.

Suddenly, he screamed loudly and Kaito couldn't bear it anymore.

Kaito let Kudou's face buried against his chest and hugged him tight while saying comforting words to the detective, wishing to make it less painful even if he knew that was impossible.

Minutes later, after staying in that position, Kaito could feel how small the figure in his arm was. The figure was breathing heavily and Kaito could not help but ask "Was it always that painful? Everytime you return to your old body?"

"That's why I told you to go away. I don't need your pity," Kudou... or Conan now whispered and pulled himself out from Kaito's arm. He let the detective do what he wanted and just watched him. He tried his best to restrain himself from the urge that wanted to carry him. After all, Kaito knew really well how it felt to be vulnerable around others.

But as soon as he saw drops of blood on the tile, Conan fell to the ground and Kaito quickly ran to him.

.

"You're lucky I'm here to stitch that wound of yours.You should have called that little scientist when you about to transform, you know," Kaito, who had changed into a normal outfit and free from any mask, huffed while giving a cup of water to Conan who was lying on a bed at the moment. Conan looked away and gripped the cup tighter, Kaito noticed.

"It's fine. Everything has ended. She deserves all the rest and obviously, she doesn't need a reminder that she hasn't finished the proper antidote."

Kaito frowned at the answer before saying, "At least call anyone to look after you. Hattori for example. I mean, you did tear the stitches and what–"

"It's fine!" Conan glared at him. Silence was loud in the room. Kaito just returned the glare with the same heat.

After a long minutes, Conan sighed and drank his water before putting down his cup.

"Look. I'm fine. The transformation had been hurt but only during that time. I was just tired after days of planning. About not calling anyone, I don't want to burden them anymore. Besides, I've been taking myself alone for a long time. Taking care of my wounds and scratches alone since I was fourteen. Thus, nothing new about it if any of the stitches tear." Conan shrugged but Kaito knew he was hurting. After all, the detective's breathing was starting to become shallow.

Hearing those words also made Kaito's body move to hug the detective. That made Conan stiffened and Kaito couldn't help but think how much rare the detective received comforting hugs from others.

"I know how strong you are, Meitantei. How amazing you are. But, don't you think you also need a person to support you?" Kaito asked.

And Conan instantly answered, "I do have —" but Kaito cut him.

"No, you don't. You don't have a shoulder to cry on. I might have my poker face but there's people who watch me. But, you, you never gave them a chance to look after you because you're too busy staying strong to protect them, don't you?"

"That's..." was the only answer Kaito got before the detective took a deep breath. The breath, though, got hitched because Kaito tightened his hug and continued, "Besides, just like you said, it was only you and me right now."

Kaito placed his mouth near Conan's ear and whispered, "So, it's okay to let those sadness, pain and relief go now,"

And at that, Conan started to cry. It was different from Kaito's screams and mumblings. They were so soft and quiet. If not because of the wetness Kaito felt under his chin or the shaking of the small body in his arm, he wouldn't notice it.

"You're cruel for making me a mess," Conan said while sniffing and Kaito chuckled.

"Well, that's for making me cry on the rooftop," Kaito released Conan and was happy to listen to the other's laughter. He just stared at the happiness of Conan's face and Conan caught him a few seconds later.

"What?" Conan asked him.

Kaito looked at the window, looked at him back and answered, "I want to be by your side. I want to catch you when you're falling again. So, can I be your boyfriend, Shinichi."

Conan blushed bright red but then smiled warmly at him.

"Is that your way to ask me out? And when did Kudo turn to Shinichi?"

"Your answer."

"Well, if it's okay for me to catch you too and... for you to wait for me? Then, you can, Kaito."

Kaito presented a red rose and with a grin, he replied, "Of course! Didn't I tell you I want to be by your side? I'll stay with you no matter what and that includes waiting for you until you have your gorgeous body back."

.

That's all for now! Hope you had fun reading it OwO/
Next Oneshot: Lean on Me 3