•TWENTY-EIGHT•

•••
Twenty-Eight
•••

"One thing at once, that is later." Damon said, before moving well away from Emilia. "So we know that it was the pastor, we know its out in the middle of nowhere... it would need reinforced steel, iron doors. Be on its own."

"The pastor has a cattle ranch on the very edge of town." Matt said, all of them stared towards Matt.

"It's remote enough." Meredith said

"Well guess what?" Damon looked over at Matt. "It's your lucky day, you have the chance to prove how grateful you are. Lets go." Damon said and Emilia exhaled starting to walk to the door.

"Nope." Meredith said.

"What do you mean?" Emilia exclaimed

"You're not going you've only just been allowed out of hospital and I only let you out so you could see Elena." She informed Emilia.

"Yes well sadly my sister is being held in a vampire prison when she isn't even a vampire yet, so you try and stop me getting to my sister." She tells the people in the room who all look at her very confused.

•••

It was dark outside by the time that the group reached the pastors cattle ranch quite quickly although the whole ride over there had been silent apart from a few protests from Damon that he had to bring both Matt and Emilia along and if only Stefan had saved Elena first. As they stopped the car Emilia is told to stay in the car, she crossed her arms and did as told she didn't fancy having what happened early happen again.

Matt and Damon began walking away from the car and towards the front of the house they were talking quiet enough that Emilia couldn't hear. That was when Damon ran and attacked Matt biting his neck, Emilia panicked and grabbed a scarf that was in the back of Damon's car before rushing out of the car and to Matts side she bundled up the scarf and pressed it hard against his neck to try and stop the bleeding, she did that before Damon grabbed matt and held him up. "come on pastor, you know ill kill him."

That was when a shot rang out and both Matt and Damon dropped to the ground, Emilia instantly went back to attending to Matt knowing that Damon would heal and quick she continued to keep pressure on his neck. People with gun came around the corner as I held onto matts neck. "ARE YOU NOT GOING TO HELP!" Emilia shouted and they ignored her and went over to Damon kicking him a few times.

Damon jumped up and killed both of them within what seemed like a second before he stalked over to Matt looming over him. "Why don't you just kill me, you can't possibly hate me more than I hate myself." Matt said and Damon smirks.

"Yes I can." Damon smirks and places his foot over Matts neck, Emilia began to hit Damon with all the force she could manage before she knew it he flew away from him, it was her sister veins were building from the bottom of her now dark red eyes.

"Leave him alone." Elena growls and Emilia back away running into the barn She unlock Stefan's cage and tell him to go and help Matt who was several foot behind me.

•••

Back at the house Emilia had let Stefan take Elena on an adventure, Emilia's twin sister was a Vampire and she had to almost grieve her sisters death as they were now no longer linked as twins. Elena would never age and Emilia would one day be old and grey and more than likely alone, she would watch as she grew old and her twin stayed young and youthful.

Jeremy walked into the room with a cup of tea in hand, "Not drugged?" She laughed and Jeremy smiled back at her.

"No just herbal, How you feeling?" Jeremy asked sitting on the end of his sisters bed.

"Its strange to know that we will one day grow old and our sister will be forever young." Emilia told him and he nodded his head.

"I know but at least we still have her here, don't think our family plot has much room left." Jeremy laughed as did Emilia they laughed for a while over something most wouldn't find funny but they had dealt with so much death recently they didn't need anymore. Jeremy left after a little while and Emilia lay back onto the bed her head span.

Emilia shot up and her eyes opened and she was back beneath the water, she panicked and began thrashing around she looked around she was alone and she was deep underwater she couldn't move she was strapped in somehow and no matter how she struggled she couldn't get free.

"HELP!" She yelled and no one came it felt like she was going to be stuck forever before she woke gasping for air, she looked around the room and realised that she was alone although she had a horrible feeling someone was in the room. She pulled her blanket around her and rolled over closing her eyes she hoped for a better dream.

•••

"Mum!" Emilia heard someone shout loudly as she turned away from the kitchen counter she saw a beautiful brunette girl with cheeky blue eyes who must have been around nine, "Dad told me to come and get you." The small human said grabbing Emilia hand she pulled her along behind the girl into the living room of a large family home she plonked her down on a large grey sofa and then the little girl ran off somewhere. Emilia looked around the room which was beautifully decorated, it was very neutral but it had lovely pops of colour around.

Emilia was broken out of her observation of the room when she heard a door opening and someone walking in, Emilia turned and she saw the man she had been dying to see it was Niklaus he had a huge smile on his face as he was pushed into the room by a very small boy who must have only been five. Niklaus chuckle seemed to brighten the room as he pretended to fight against it. "Love, do you know what these little monsters are up to?" He laughed as Emilia was entranced by his gorgeous eyes.

"No I have no idea." She said never taking her eyes off him.

"What are you doing?" He asked addressing the little boy behind him, who had given up pushing and was starting to run off.

"It's a surprise dad! Sit down." He spoke carefully as if remembering what he had been told. Klaus walked over and kissed Emilia's head, sitting and putting his arm around her waist . She let her head fall onto his shoulder as the door to the room opened with a bang; In walked the little boy this time wearing a cape that was slightly too large for him and a red bow tie, he giggled as he walked up in front of Emilia and Klaus. "Good evening, mum and dad and welcome to the show." He said giggling some more.

"What sort of show is it?" Emilia asked inquisitively and he looked like he was thinking for a second.

"Auntie showed Grace how to do magic and she showed me something too." The little boy said before he was joined by the older girl.

"For my first trick I will need a pillow." The little boy ran off and came back with a ripped pillow in his hand.

"Here." He said handing it to her, soon the air was filled with many tiny feathers that floated all around both Emilia and Klaus clapped their hands and the pillows quickly fell to the floor. Earning a bow from the children.

Emilia woke up alone in a dark room, a breeze moved the curtains on the windows and blew cool air all around the room, she stood and walked over to the window closing it with hazy eyes, she yawned and padded back over to bed.

•••

Started: September 2015

Edited: 13th September 2019