•SEVENTEEN•

•••
SEVENTEEN
•••

Emilia woke up to Klaus' arms wrapped around her she smiled having the feeling of security and comfort was something she had wanted for a long time. Klaus must have woken up because he began drawing patterns on her arm. "Morning Nik." She spoke softly still very tired.

"Good morning, move in day today, we should be able to move in, I'm focusing on things we need to very basically live in it. You can help me pack up some of the things I have in this flat." Klaus informed her kissing her neck she turned around and he kissed her on the forehead. "Though if you are going to be as gorgeous as this then I'm sorry but we aren't getting out of bed."

"Come off it, go and get that house sorted I have to go and drop off Caroline's birthday present, she is still one of my childhood friends."

"Alright, do you want someone to come with you?" Klaus asked and Emilia shook her head.

"I'll drop it off to her house and very quickly leave it and then come and do all of the packing." Emilia kissed Klaus on the lips and pushed herself up and off the bed, she opened her case and pulled on a pair of Mom jeans and a camisole she attached her vervain necklace and pulled on a pair of flats. "I'll see you later then, maybe in a new house." She winked heading out of the door she grabbed her phone, keys for the flat and bag and she knew where she had to go first to the Gilbert home.

She quickly let herself into the house and walked up into her bedroom, she grabbed Caroline's already wrapped present out from under the bed she placed it on the bed and then looked around the room. She headed out without alerting anyone to her presence in the house not that she thought anyone was there. She quickly headed to Caroline's and knocked on the door it was answered by Liz who had a large smile on her face for the childhood friend of her daughter. "You've just missed them Emilia, they have headed up to the falls." Liz informed.

"Thanks Liz but I just wanted to drop this off." Emilia handed over the present and the card that she had written in the car.

"Emilia, do you mind if I ask why you aren't going up to see them."

"I had a falling out with my sister, I don't want it to wreck Caroline's day she deserved the best and I hope that she knows that." Emilia was starting to get a little upset but brushed it aside. "Just tell her happy birthday from me."

Emilia headed away from the house on her own and she thought to herself and wondered if life would be different had her parents not passed away. She ignored at thought and began going through the town to the little flat Klaus had. Emilia began packing things up on the house and the team of hybrids would come and move the boxes. She had sorted her items she had accumulated during the travelling hers was very easy the rest not as much.

She started in the bedroom and packed most of it until she came across a leather-bound book. She undid the knot that kept it shut and she started to flick through the thick pages every page was covered in beautiful drawings of scenery all water coloured with great detail. She stopped on one it was of her she looked beautiful more beautiful than she ever saw herself, he had only done it in pencil, but it was beautifully shaded. She sat and looked at it for a while taking in how he sees her it was only when one of the hybrids knocked on the door, she snapped out of it.

"Come in!" She asked to male hybrid at the door and he came in with a smile and she recognised him instantly as Daniel. "All the boxes in here are for Klaus' room Daniel then those are just my things."

"So, all of this needs to go in Your room." He said, "Klaus said it was yours and his room, have I got that wrong?"

"Oh no it's me getting things wrong." She told him and he began lugging down boxes, she was happy that Klaus was saying that it was their room.

•••

She looked around the apartment one last time it was now empty of boxes and most of the character this place had was also now gone, it was empty and she locked it up behind her before heading down the stairs the sun was setting as she drove over to the mansion and Klaus was looking through the truck of furniture in the drive, she parked and heard him say to take it to his storage unit. The van drove off and it left the two of them here alone for the first night, "Want to come in?" He asked motioning her to enter the building she happily did, and she was amazed how much got done in a day. All that needed doing was a bit of extra furniture to make it feel like a house rather than a very fancy hotel before she could even deliberate more Klaus scooped her up and ran with her upstairs.

"Shall we go to Our room." He asked.

"Is this you asking me to move in?"

"I guess, I'm not very good at asking." Klaus replies as he walked them into the master bedroom where everything was out of boxes and all had its place even her things was neatly put away.

"I can tell." She laughed as he put her down.

"There is actually one thing I would like to ask you." He said and before he could finish her phone was ringing in her pocket, she looked at him apologetically and answered.

"Emilia!" She heard Matt shouting down the phone. "We were at the falls and.... and Tyler bit...Caroline.... She isn't well... can Klaus help." Matt stumbles on his words as he tried to get them out as quick as possible and Emilia replied a yes and started dragging Klaus.

"Tyler bit Caroline you need to come and help."

"Like they have helped you recently." Klaus remarked

"Klaus we aren't the bad guys here let's help and maybe just maybe they might start showing you some respect." Emilia informed him and within moments they were at Caroline Klaus having picked Emilia up had ran at vampire speed to The Forbes house. "Thank you." She said and Klaus headed towards the house closely followed by Emilia. "Liz let him in please he can help Caroline." Liz did she asked and formally invited Klaus into the house, Emilia showed him the way to Caroline's bedroom, and she took a seat on the bed while Klaus walked around to her side of the double bed.

"Is he going to kill me." Caroline weakly asked Emilia who was truly worried about one of her closest friends.

"On your birthday? You really think that low of me." Klaus asked her being ever so softly spoken for him.

"Yes." Caroline informed him and he nodded before biting into his own wrist placing it to her mouth, she began to drink from him, and Emilia watched as it happens Caroline stopped shaking as violently and she instantly started cooling down.

"Happy birthday." Emilia said before she began to drift off to sleep. "My hero." Emilia held Klaus hand as they walked out of the room Emilia ignored Elena and Bonnie, she addressed only Liz and Matt. "She starts looking strange again just ring me and we'll be over in a heartbeat."

•••

Started: November 2013

Edited: 19th August 2019