•NINETEEN•

•••
Nineteen
•••

Emilia lay in bed reading to herself quietly it was getting later and later and Klaus wasn't coming up and she was starting to worry. It felt like hours went by before the door creaked open and Klaus walked in he was hunched over and seemed to be in a world of his own. "Klaus?" Emilia asked and he grunted a return. "Klaus, sit." Emilia said getting herself out of bed and he looked at her raising an eyebrow. "SIT!" She said more sternly than she had expected. He did as she asked and came and sit on the bench.

"I deserved it." Klaus said.

"Shush." She left him for a second getting a damp cloth she brought it over and began to wipe blood from the places she could see before she began slowly removing his shirt that was slashed and covered in blood that was now dry and brown.

"Emilia." Klaus looked over at her his hand goes to the side of her face. "How can you be so kind when I am a monster?"

"Because you aren't a monster Klaus. You are Klaus Mikaelson, you are a survivor." Klaus looked up at her and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you Emilia." It was a shock to Emilia to hear him say that he loved her she hadn't expected it, she didn't realise he felt that way.

"I love you too Nik." Niklaus kissed her, his hands wrapping around her waist pulling her closer to him they continued kissing even when Niklaus stood holding her close and walking towards the bathroom he placed her in between the his and hers sinks he pulled away as he turned on the shower.

•••

That morning in the Mikaelson mansion was incredibly busy, Klaus was off helping to sort the house for the ball and Emilia was getting herself ready by showering, shaving and getting into some casual clothes. Once she was showered and dressed she headed down stairs it was bustling with people cleaning and making the house look perfect. Emilia just kept out of their way and headed into the living room, which was already full. "Rebekah tell me how handsome I am?" Kol asked, turning around to show his family, Kol smiled at Emilia as she walked in. Elijah and Finn were also starting to try on suits of all kind and Rebekah was sat on the sofa having her nails done.

"Ah Kol, you know that I cant be compelled." Rebekah shot down Kols desire for a compliment.

"Emilia, did Klaus not choose to join you so he could introduce the family?" Kol asked her

"Sadly he's busy but I already have met Elijah and Rebekah neither I have got to know and I know you are Kol which means that Finn is over there. Klaus told me a lot about you when we were traveling for a bit." Emilia went and sat on a chair in the room.

"Have you and Klaus known each other long, how did you meet because I swear he was meant to kill a doppelganger to break the curse." Kol questioned.

"Well he did, I died for a shot time magic brought me back he needed me for something else and we got to know each other..." Klaus stormed into the room no one reacted.

"You went after Elena, what the hell is wrong with you?" Klaus raised his voice and Emilia listened in although she often disliked her sister she also didn't want to see her hurt.

"Here we go." Rebekah rolled her eyes.

"Do you want another dagger in your heart." Klaus threatens and her prying into the conversation was cut short by the women who was doing Rebakahs nails came over to Emilia.

"Do you want your nails doing?" she asked and Emilia nodded her head still trying to listen.

"Yes just a nude colour." Emilia replied and the lady began to prep her nails.