•TWENTY-ONE•

•••
Twenty-One
•••

Klaus and Emilia had spent two days doing almost nothing but now Klaus was on a mission as he had been told about where Finn was she had got dressed and began to drive she didn't have a plan where she was going but she just drove that was until she passed the graveyard and she turned and pulled into a car parking space, she hadn't been to the graveyard in a while something she used to do nearly weekly when he life had been normal but the more family she had buried the less she came.

Walking through the graveyard she felt tears fill her eyes she had lost so many people and as she neared the Gilbert plot, she was crying. "I'm sorry." The words fell out of her mouth before she knew what she was saying. "I'm sorry about everything I have done to have us end up here. You should be alive; you should be here you would help us sort all of this out. I know that you will be watching over us and I know you will be disappointed."

She sat by the grave and let her hands fall to her head, she huffed out a long breath. "I don't know what to do, I love my sister, but I also love Niklaus." She cried and dabbed the tears away with her sleeve, she sat for a while in a world of her own before deciding she was becoming way too cold on the floor she stood and said goodbye to her family.

•••

Emilia arrived back at the house on the drive was Niklaus' car she assumed that meant that her boyfriend was back with his brother. She could hear voices talking as soon as she opened the door. "Easier than torturing him." Niklaus said

She walked inside she saw most of the Mikaelson siblings stood with a red-haired woman she kept close to Finn, so she assumed that this was the leverage that Niklaus had spoken about before dashing off this morning. The conversation continues even though she had entered the room. "I have something to do, so what do you need from me?" Rebekah spoke quiet obviously in a rush.

"Just your blood and your blessing, where are you going?"

"I have some unfinished business with Damon Salvatore, ask sage what he did to me then you'll know why retribution is in order." Rebekah storms out of the room and Klaus watches Finn and the red head speak quietly together. Emilia walks over to Klaus and she kisses his cheek

"You chose doing something nice over torturing, I'm very proud." She spoke to him kissing him again.

"Thank you love, have a good morning." He asked and she nodded choosing not to speak about the graveyard. "Can I speak to you for a moment." Niklaus asks leading her into the living room. "Emilia, I wanted to speak to you about something I'm doing but I wanted to let you know first."

"What Klaus, not going to lie you are worrying me slightly."

"I am going to use Bonnie to break the spell between all of my siblings so our mother cannot kill us all while we are linked. The only thing is I am going to do it in... a unique way."

"Klaus please I just praised you."

"I promise no harm will come to her I am just going to have to threaten her, so she doesn't get the mystery inc to turn up." Emilia rolls her eyes at him and looks down at his feet.

"Promise me you won't harm her, and if anyone come you won't harm them unless they try to harm you." Klaus lifted her chin with his finger and kissed her.

"I promise."

•••

Emilia took herself to the bedroom staying away from the situation downstairs she didn't want to be any part of anything to do with her old friendship group although they no longer were close friends, she didn't want to see them harmed or afraid. After a while she couldn't help but want to go and see what was going on, she stood outside for a while and listened in the door. "There's Jeremy playing fetch with his new puppy. Thanks, Kol, we will be in touch, how about that spell?" Emilia shoves the doors open with all her might.

"NIKLAUS!" She bellows and he lowers his head and walks towards her. "Give me the phone." Emilia speaks in a stern voice holding out her hand. "Now!" He hands it too her he had never seen Emilia this angry though neither had Bonnie.

"Emilia you have to know..." Klaus starts and she ignores him dialling the last number.

"Hello Brother." Kol's voice flowed through the phone and she could hear his smirk through the phone which only further angered her.

"Kol, you know what you are going to wish that this was your brother." Emilia glared over at Niklaus.

"Oh Emilia, hello."

"Don't even start to pretend if you lay a hand on my brother don't dare expect to ever feel safe again because I would hunt you down and torture you, rip you limb from limb and that is only the beginning." She threatened. "And please remember that you are very much still linked to your siblings and without conformation that you have left him I ..." She was interrupted by Kol.

"I'm already leaving." Kol said as she listened closely, she could hear him walking she hung up and walked over to Niklaus and Bonnie.

"Niklaus Mikaelson the same applies to you!" She growls at him before storming off to their room and locking the door. She slid down the door and let herself break, she began crying and then she couldn't stop the tears rolled down her cheeks and she just cried and tried to unsuccessfully soothe herself. "Why!" She cried out pulling her knees up to her chest she places her head on her knees as her thoughts went wild the dark thoughts, she had all those years ago creeped into her head. She thought of how even after she had felt so happy the universe had a way of dragging her back down again.
•••

Started: June 2014
Edited: 31st August 2019