•THIRTY-THREE•

•••
Thirty-Three
•••

Emilia was nudged awake by Niklaus and she smiled at him before realising she was in a car now with Klaus he smiled over at her and leant over the handbrake to kiss her . "Come on love we're here." He said and she rubbed her eyes a second before looking out of the window at the gorgeous town outside the window a mountain on one side and a huge lake on the other. "This is beautiful." She smiled. "Is this where we are staying? Do you want to go and check in and ill grab the stuff." She asked looking up and the huge Villa.

"Emilia, this is my home here?" He informed her and she sat for a moment with her mouth open.

"I forget how long you've been around and how much you've travelled." She smiled up and him and Klaus picked up their bag of things from the boot and began walking in before Emilia even got out of the car. They walked up to the house together and a woman greeted them at the door.

"Buona sera" She smiled as she greeted them both and Emilia smiled awkwardly not knowing how to converse with this woman in the slightest.

"Ciao, Come sta?" Klaus seemed to be asking a question and they spoke for a while in a language she didn't understand, She just stood and smiled holding onto Niklaus' free hand. She looked over at Emilia.

"Sorry sweetheart, I'll speak in English for you." The lady said speaking with a heavy Italian accent.

"No need to apologise, if I had known in advance we were coming I would have learned at least some of the basics." Emilia apologised.

"I'm Daniela, I look after this house while Niklaus is away." She smile she seemed like a very friendly and joyful lady.

"I'm Emilia, lovely to meet you." She smiled before Niklaus spoke a little Italian again and before Daniela said her goodbyes and headed out of the house.

"She was lovely, Vampire?" Emilia asked Niklaus as they began walking through the modern house, the exterior was very traditionally Italian whereas the interior was very much Niklaus.

"Actually no, her family have looked after this house for years, they live in this house and look after while I'm not here." He informed her, Niklaus took her hand and lead her down a corridor and into a room. She was amazed by the room as she looked around the place it was like it had been perfectly designed, that was until her eyes caught the view out the wall to wall windows.

"Wow" She gasped looking out of the window and out onto the large lake with mountains lining the other side, a small village lay on the other side. "How do you ever leave this place?" She asked in awe.

"Emilia, I promise you I will take you to as many beautiful places but nowhere will compare to the beauty I see in front of me."

"You realise how cheesy that is?" She smiled turning around she kissed him as his arms wrap around her and "I love you though Klaus." She said after pulling away for a moment.

"I love you too Emilia." He said as he pulled her closer.

"Klaus how long are we here."

"Well we will see how long it takes us to dig up the sword, I'm going to start tonight once you've gone to sleep." Klaus tells her.

"Well I need food before sleep, and when in Italy." She smiled as they both headed out of the bedroom.

•••

Klaus had informed her that there were already people digging up the area that the sword was buried in, the pair of them headed off to a small family owned Pizzeria, She ordered a Neapolitan pizza and could physically see as it was being hand made in the kitchen she watched in awe as the man meticulously worked the dough. "So can I ask a question?" she asked

"Well yes as although you did just ask one but I'll accept another." He smirked and she rolled her eyes at him before looking back at him.

"Garlic, does it affect you?" she asked it was something that had never come up during the whole time she had been around vampires.

"No, it was a myth that was fabricated so that if humans though someone was one the person like myself could deny it." He smiled at her and she nodded.

"That's good then." She smiled, "I guess most the things I've seen over the years have disproven the Myths."

"Things got added by humans as well to make us so much more evil." He smiled as the lady that owned the restaurant came over with a drink for them both she spoke a little Italian to Niklaus who replied happily as he held onto Emilia's hand.

"She was just asking if we were moving here, or on our honey moon." Niklaus informed Emilia as the lady walked away. "I informed her we are only holidaying here but may be back for a visit in the future." He smiled over at her and she couldn't help but just admire how relaxed he looked in that moment something that wasn't common with Niklaus he couldn't relax as he always was paranoid about someone trying to kill him.

"I don't mind what we do as long as you keep me around I'm happy." She smiled as did he.

Soon after they arrived back at the house he was on his way out. Emilia had fallen asleep not long after he had left and didn't wake until early in the morning and by that time Niklaus was back in bed with her his arms draped over her waist his breathing soft on the back of her neck it was cool in the room the air conditioning fanning over the room. "Morning Love." He croaked as he kissed her neck.

"So how did last night go." She asked turning she looked into his light blue eyes.

"Well I have the sword?"

"Does that mean home time?" She asked slightly disappointed although they weren't hear long she sort of hoped that they would have been able to see slightly more than they had currently.

"Well stay for most of the day as the flight home isn't scheduled till 7."

"We better get up now!" She smiled throwing the covers off the bed she got up and began getting ready. She pulled on a dress and a pair of sandals, put some sun cream on and she back into the room looking over at Klaus who was still sat in bed. Klaus got up and began to get ready to go to out on an adventure, and then they did Niklaus took her out the house and drove for a while to a small dock where there was a boat waiting.

"Daniela and her family own this boat I asked if I could take you out on it and they agreed happily."

"Compulsion."

"No you muppet, now lets get going." Klaus said stepping onto the small but very expensive looking boat, as soon as Emilia was in he started the engine and they were off the lake the scenery passing by as they powered through the water.

They came back much later in the day and Emilia and Klaus returned back to the house and packed their bags sadly leaving their first sort break together. Emilia hoped that soon this would be life for them travelling and going from place to place.

•••

Started: 25th September 2019