•TWENTY-TWO•

•••
Twenty-Two
•••

It had been 24 hours since Emilia left the bedroom, Klaus had tried to speak to her as had Rebekah and neither could get her to open the door. The original had spent every hour of that by the door to the bedroom that they shared he had never had any intention of hurting her brother he just needed to be unlinked from his siblings because when he was he could leave the town behind him and Emilia could go and travel or live a happy life somewhere that if he ever forgave her for even pretending to threaten her brother.

Her stomach grumbles loudly but he didn't move Emilia was completely refusing to eat food Klaus had someone bring up so he wasn't going to force her too as he couldn't even get the door open. He could hear Emilia walking back and forth in their bedroom she had paced a lot during the time and Klaus doubted she had slept much if at all.

He continued to listen for a while until he heard a bump and then a thud the smell of blood filled his nostrils he knocked at the door and yelled before barging it open to see Emilia laid on the floor. He scooped her up and placed her on the bed, Klaus opened Emilia's mouth and bit his wrist placing it over her open mouth she began to stir.

Emilia swallowed as she came to and Klaus could already see her head wound was healing, she opened her eyes before blinking a couple of times seeming to clear her vision. "Klaus?" She questioned and he smiled at her.

"Yes I'm here love." He said and he went to hold her hand but she pulled it away.

"You threatened my brother Niklaus, after everything Jeremy deserves happiness he has done nothing to any of you." Emilia complain the blood was working and she was feeling much better her head clearer and the pounding in her head was easing. "You promised me." Her voice broke as she spoke.

"I know I did sweetheart." Klaus looked at her with the same look of a puppy that had just destroyed something. "But listen I never planned on harming Jeremy in anyway it was a way of having Bonnie unlink us and it's a good thing that she did." Klaus said and Emilia just looked over at him incredibly confused by everything.

"Well Elena and friends decided to kill Finn to try and kill us all, luckily Bonnie had unlinked us so now only my brother and his blood line are dead."

"Bloodline?" she asked.

"Well yes, it has stalled your friends killing me as they now have to find out which original they descend from as they don't want to die." Klaus informed her as she pushed herself up so she was completely sat up now.

"But even if they were to kill you, Tyler will die so your safe aren't you?" she asked still worried about the man that she did love no matter what.

"Not necessarily I still believe that they would kill me if they got the chance. I think that if they are not my bloodline that they will without a doubt kill me." Klaus spoke he was rather nervous about it but at the same time knew that they would be hopefully in the possession of the last white oak stake soon.

"Turn me." She blurted out. "If you kill me I will turn and then maybe they wouldn't kill you."

"Emilia, I'm not going to do that. If they do decide to kill me I am not taking you with me I want you to live a long happy life." Klaus placed his hand on her face and she leaned into it. "A human life." He kissed her forehead and stood. "Oh and by the way my mother died." Emilia did a double take and he just nodded at her.

"How?" She asked and he shrugged his shoulders.

"Rebekah didn't really explain I just walked into the room and she was dead but not physical marks I'm assuming something magical maybe the spirts weren't happy that she failed to kill us or maybe she decided without Finn she wasn't going to get any sympathy from any of us. Who knows."