•The Doppelganger's Hybrid•

•••
the doppelganger's hybrid

Emilia Gilbert fell in love with a monster and she should have known the consequences of loving someone with so much darkness. She showed him how to love and he showed her that she was loved, together they were each other's salvation.

Until fate decided to give her a scary new gift that she didn't know if she wanted or needed. Will the gift tear them apart or bring them closer than ever before.

•••
Prologue
•••

Cold grey stones surrounded like they had for at least a week now, Emilia sat with her knees pulled up to her chest, She had been in situations like this before but this was the first time that she had something to fight for a reason not to give up hope. She was in a relationship with some she loved and who loved her back and now she had something else, something so important.

Emilia had come to find out that it had been witches that were holding her captive but they had claimed they meant her no harm. She was being incredibly cautious about what she said and did knowing that she still couldn't trust them, they had kidnapped her wasn't exactly the best start to the relationship although Klaus did kill her at the start of theirs.

"Erm is there any chance..." Emilia began and she washed hushed by the witches that sat before her, they were listening to someone that was coming.

"What did your sister want with Niklaus?" She heard an unrecognisable voice she could tell there was an accent but it was hard listening when they were speaking so quietly.

"My sister heard in a dream of a girl from Virginia with a connection to your brother, a special one." She assumed that it must have been Elijah, Kol wouldn't have done this for anyone if it didn't concern him.

"You mean Emilia, if you hurt her you do realise that my brother is not someone to get on the wrong side of especially not at the moment." Elijah said and Emilia wondered what exactly he had been doing since she had been gone.

"Well apparently they haven't been too careful when they have had intimate time together and now this special Doppelganger – she is pregnant with your brothers child." One of the witches in charge of the hostage situation said she knew that would be a moment for Elijah to stare at her in disbelief.

Emilia had her suspicions that she was after the sickness that had lasted far too long and the symptoms around it but had tried to keep it out of mind because it couldn't happen she knew that or god knows Elena would have been pregnant. When the witches confirmed it she was taken aback but got used to the idea and although it wasn't what she planned she had now come to accept that she was having some miracle child, a child that she didn't know anything about other than it was hers and Niklaus'.

"That's impossible." Elijah exclaimed

"Nothing is impossible you should know that, especially when it come to your brother. They call him the hybrid right." All of a sudden the witch raised her voice "Bring her out!" the others in front of Emilia stood and walked her out of the burial ground. The stood around her seemingly protecting her.

"Hey Elijah." She spoke softly with a weak smile.

"Can we have a moment please." Elijah spoke as he walked closer to Emilia, The witch Sophie nodded and he took her hand walking down into the burial vault.

Sitting down on the bench she had been for the last few days, Elijah sat in front of her and took both her hands in his. "I'm beyond relieved to see you safe and well." He spoke softly with a look in his eye that told her it was genuine.

"Thank you Elijah, How has Klaus been?" She spoke and Elijah took his hands back sitting up a bit straighter.

"He has been Niklaus without you, How have you been here?"

"Kidnapping isn't exactly fun but otherwise the witches have been nothing but kind, they did tests on me to decide if their information was true and as you can imagine they got the answer they thought." She fidgeted with her hands before realising Klaus would never believe what was going on she just hoped he would be understanding.

"I hope that this baby might be a way for my brother to realise that he has all the family he needs." Elijah spoke looking between Emilia and the baby she was carrying. Sophie walked in to the place where they were sat.

"I'm glad you feel that way, because we need your help." Sophie said as she looked directly at Elijah.

"What is it you want? What exactly does it have to do with Emilia." Elijah asked as he took hold of Emilia's hand.

"We want to run Marcel and his vampires out of town, Klaus is the key. Marcel learnt everything from him, he trusts him and looks up to him. He wouldn't see the betrayal coming." Sophie explained.

"Well I am sure you are aware that my brother doesn't like to be told what to do." Elijah informed Sophie, Emilia was all too aware of his dislike of the orders and particularly following them.

"Marcel drove the werewolves out of the town decades ago, how would he react to a hybrid baby? Convince Niklaus to help and no one has to know about the newest member of the original family." Sophie informed with a look in her eyes that told Emilia she wouldn't be safe if he didn't.

"That sounds a lot like blackmail."

"We are desperate." Sophie replied and Elijah nodded once at her.

"Guess I have my work cut out for me, don't I?" He said before standing. "Can Emilia come with me I'm sure my brother would be much more understanding if he knew she was safe."

"You think I would allow the only reason we could get this deal to go free, I don't think so."

"Elijah I will be safe I have been for a while now they have no intentions to kill me as of yet, go get Klaus and tell him I love him." She spoke and sat back on the bench and watched him walk out, she was left alone with Sophie.

"You'll get to see your Hybrid soon, hopefully he sees sense in helping." Sophie left Emilia sat on her own for a while.

During that time Emilia began to over think everything worried filled her head, she thought about Niklaus and what he would think of becoming a father and how she would end up. This was the first known baby of this kind it was a hybrid beyond anything else a mix of nearly ever supernatural species and somehow she was meant to carry it for 9 months. Would her child be dangerous was it even safe to bring into the world...

"Emilia!" She could hear Niklaus shout and she was again taken into the cemetery to come face to face with the man that she love. She was over joyed to see him but couldn't move any closer boxed in by witches she knew wouldn't allow it. "Is this true?" He asked sharply.

"Yes it is, listen brother." Elijah said and she saw Klaus focus on his hearing she knew fine while her heart was pounding currently so whether the faint beating of a tiny heart could be heard she didn't know.

"No... that's impossible."

"I said the same thing myself." Elijah spoke to Klaus looking back at Emilia with a smile on his face as he looked at her stomach.

"This is a lie." Klaus shouted at Elijah, "Vampires cannot procreate."

"But werewolves can, magic made you a vampire but you were born a wolf, the original hybrid the first of your kind. This is one of those loopholes of nature." Sophie explained.

"This cannot be real." Klaus said trying again to deny the truth she wished she could go and calm him slightly.

"My sister gave her life to perform a spell to confirm this pregnancy, because of that this girl and her baby are now controlled by us. We can keep them safe, or kill them and if you don't help us take down Marcel Emilia won't live long enough to see her first maternity dress."

"How dare you threaten me!" He exclaimed, "This is a pathetic deception, I won't hear any more lies." And with that he had gone.

•••
Hope you enjoyed this preview of the next book in this series.
The first page of The doppelgängers hybrid is now up. Hope you enjoy. 💛
•••