• ONE •

•••
ONE
•••

Emilia stood for a  moment in front of her full length mirror that sat in the corner of her  room; she looked at herself for the fourth time this morning wondering  whether or not she looked perfect like she needed to be. She brushes her  hands over the loose blue camisole she was wearing hoping to remove  invisible creases, her fingers then went to hair making sure the beachy  waves looked natural but somehow manicured. She huffed our a long breath  and grabbed her leather jacket from behind her door as she headed out  of her room and downstairs, she grabbed an apple from the kitchen, her  bag from the cupboard and her keys from the bowl by the door before  heading out the front door and onto the driveway.

The drive to school was  quite short and she had pulled into her favourite spot by a tree in the  shade to keep her car cool, Emilia checked her bag before climbing out  of the car and straighten out her tank top again. Instantly she saw a  near mirror image of herself walking through the car park her arm linked  with a handsome model of a man. Elena's hair was straightened today  which Emilia was happy with as it meant the identical twins wouldn't be  muddled up. "Hey Guys!"

"Hey Emilia!" Stefan  replied as he pulled her into a hug, Stefan loved Elena and it made  Emilia happy that her sister had found someone that took her mind off  the life they lived, and she had to admit that she liked Stefan he  treated her like an individual person which was a change.

"What conversation did I just interrupt?" Emilia asked being the awkward third wheel which was normally Damon's full time job.

"I was suggesting to  your sister here that we stay at yours tonight." He stated for a moment  Emilia shook her head at the pair of them that couldn't even be  separated for a moment then she had a brainwave.

"Nope you can't have her  tonight. Its girl's night. We need one and Bonnie's freaking out,  Caroline's got Boy drama, I have cat lady drama so there's no debating  this situation." The couple kissed and the twin screwed up her nose as  if she was revolted by the sight.

•••

Dancing around the  living room Emilia thought of how school had gone without a hitch today,  how normal it had been, how she had felt like a teenage today for once.  She swayed her hips to the beat of the song as she filled a bowl with  some snacks. "Emilia!" Her brother Jeremey announced his presence from  the door. "Can you turn it down a bit?"

"Nope, its girls night so you need to vanish for a bit, shoo."

"Great, I'm heading out then." He wandered out the kitchen grabbing a handful of sweets "Thanks for the sweets!"

"ARSE!" she shouted just  as the song changed and she began to sing as she skipped around the  house. "Told my mother, my brother, my sister, and my friends, Told the  others, my lovers, both past and present tense, that every time I see  you everything starts making sense." She began to grab some glasses out  of the cupboard. "Ain't no other man that can stand up next to you,  Ain't no other man on the planet does what you do, You're the kinda guy a  girl finds in a blue moon, You got soul, you got class, you got style,  you're bad ass."

"HEY!" Emilia heard from  the door and knocked the music down a little bit as she made her way to  the archway. "Seems like you are having fun without us." Caroline  smiled a 100 watt smile.

"Nah how could I ever without my favourite people." Emilia said,

"Chinese food or Pizza?" Caroline asks as she grabs hold of the two menus that Emilia had put out earlier.

"Like you even have to  ask?" Elena states, Caroline grabs a hold of her ipad and then she just  glares at the lock screen her eyes glazing over.