•EIGHTEEN•

•••
Eighteen
•••

Emilia lay in bed looking at the celling Klaus had left this morning and hadn't told Emilia where he was going but she was realising that it was a common occurrence being with Klaus for him to have some secrets. She jumped up out of bed and got dressed there were way to many hybrids walking around for her to be wearing one of Klaus' t-shirts. As she reached the bottom of the stairs Tony the Hybrid was bringing in a casket. "Tony is this the Mikaelson's?" She asked hoping to god that it was Klaus' Family and not someone else's coffin.

Klaus walked in not long after with a smile on his face, "Morning love. I got the coffins back.

"Did you kill anyone?" She asked and he looked over at her although that was a shocking thing to say to him. "Klaus?"

"No I didn't, I was given them." He told her.

"You going to open them and wake up your family?" Emilia asked him coming further down the staircase as Hybrids brought them through the house as though they were ants taking things to the queen.

"Not quite yet, I still have some unfinished business." He replies to her, Klaus kissed Emilia's cheek and wrapped his hand around her waist.

"What business?" She asks him and he kisses her on the lips picking up and wrapping her legs around his waist, she knew it was a distraction though she didn't mind she would still pester him about it later, she ran her fingers through his hair as the kiss got more passionate and her eyes were closed until she heard a sickening sound and a body dropping to the floor something she was becoming accustomed too. Klaus placed her on the ground and he turned as Emilia looked over to the other side of the room where she Saw Elijah stood looking incredibly annoyed.

"Niklaus." Elijah threw the heart of the Hybrid onto the ground his hand bloodied it made her feel ill that was something she wasn't accustomed too. "Looks like I missed quite a bit." Elijah looked over at Emilia. "You look as shocked as I feel, so I'm guessing it wasn't you that removed the dagger from my heart."

"You look like you could use a drink brother, we have a lot to discuss." Klaus spoke to Elijah who picked him up and threw him across the floor. "Easy." Klaus warned. "I just finished renovating, you have every right to be mad. I just did what you wanted and reunited you with your family."

"What did I miss?" Elijah asked looking at me for a moment. "You look about as surprised as I feel to see me, so I'm guessing you didn't remove the dagger from me." Elijah pounced at his brother again. Klaus moved across the room at speed and opened one of the coffins in this room removing a dagger from a younger man than both Klaus and Elijah although bared some resemblance to the brothers.

"Come on, use it, I dare you. You will have to deal with Kol."

"Mikael is dead." Klaus said very casually, like you would ask what the weather was. " I killed him, with his own weapon, he's gone Elijah. Forever." Klaus told him and Klaus had relaxed considerately since killing Mikael.

"Why do our family remain in coffins? Finn for over 900 years and Kol for just over a century." Emilia felt like she was intruding on something here.

"Stefan Salvatore, he is the reason he holds the one thing that is keeping me from freeing them; There are things that you don't know about our past. Things about our mothers death. Things that I have never wanted to know but I am ready to tell you now, Elijah. I only ask you remember the oath of loyalty you once swore to me." Klaus was intent on making it better.

"What are you doing?" Elijah asks and Klaus once again daggered Kol.

"Always and forever, I need you by my side. Be my brother, Help me destroy Stefan and I promise you that our family will be whole again." Klaus said and he closed the lid to the casket. "Oh by the way Emilia is living here."

"Yes I turned Nik slightly less narcissistic." She smiled and Elijah stared at her for a moment.

"So you didn't die?" Elijah asked her.

"Oh I did, I was dead for like an hour or two then got brought back." She told him.

•••

The brothers had agreed to throw a dinner party after they had downed a full bottle of whiskey between them, and although Emilia had said that she would cook for them she was starting to get nervous about it. "Niklaus, Emilia, our guests have arrived." Elijah calls from the door and Klaus quickly leaves Emilia stayed in the kitchen and started blending together the thick soup. She ladles her cream of tomato soup into bowls and garnishes before heading into the dining area.

The men were all sat around the table there was an air of tension in the room and Emilia as the only human she felt she was in a very dangerous situation. Emilia gave Damon and Stefan the first bowls to which they muttered a thank you she then went and got two more for Elijah and Klaus. "Thank you gorgeous." Klaus said to her and she could see Damon glare at him. "Daniel will come in with the dishes when we are finished." He told her and she headed into the kitchen.

•••

After the food was all done the men chatted amongst themselves. "I don't think that you fully understand me, Emilia's doppelgänger blood ensures that I will always have more hybrids to fight those that oppose me. I will never leave her behind, ever." Niklaus informed the Salvatore brothers, he got up and paced in front of the fire. "Let's say I do leave her, how long until she ends up a vampire or worse dead? You see, each of you truly believe you could protect her, that is simply delusional. The worst thing for Emilia is the two of you." Niklaus said and although he wasn't compelling them his voice was one that demanded respect Damon quickly pushed himself away from the table and stood up.

"I am going to get some air." Damon announced, Elijah stood as well and they both left the room leaving the younger siblings to talk. The room was filled with a warm yellow light it pushed heat out into the air it also was filled with the smells of Emilia's cooking.

The thick tension in the air was cut by a slender figure walking into the room, she walked into the room the apron she had been wearing was left in the kitchen and she now pulled her hair out of the bun so it fell down in its natural waves. "What is your counter offer?" Damon asked Klaus obviously dealing with some sort of business.

"I offer Elena's future happiness you see what she needs right now is to be rid of you lot. To fall in love with a human maybe that football player, the cocky blonde one." Niklaus spoke as Emilia sat down on an armchair near the fire. "They can marry, live a long happy life and pop out a few children of their own."

Klaus hit a nerve with Emilia there because although she had fallen in love with him if she were to stay with Klaus she would be unable to do a lot of things that her sister could have the option to do. If she stayed she would never have children, something she hadn't known was something she wanted until she thought about the option taken away.

Emilia began daydreaming of a life she wished for where Emilia and Klaus grew old together they had house somewhere away from Mystic falls and they had children not many but enough.

Emilia snapped herself out of her daydream and looked up to see the young man from earlier the one that Niklaus had quickly put the dagger back into earlier, Kol. "Long time, brother." Kol spoke in a British accent much like his brothers, Niklaus backed away towards the door I looked back towards the door and there was another man entering who looked like an extra out of some pirate film.

A shout of pain came across the room and she looked to see Klaus had a knife stabbed through his hand several of them began to stab him and Emilia didn't dare do anything but struggled to watch she knew it wouldn't kill him but that it would be hurting him.

"Stop!" She shouted but before anyone could listen she was taken out the room by Elijah.

"It's best you stay out here." Elijah informed her as she heard shouts and screams from the dining room she pottered around the kitchen not sure what to do.

•••

Started: November 2013
Edited: 20th August 2019