•THIRTY-ONE•

•••
Thirty-One
•••

That morning Klaus had woken her up to breakfast in bed and had spent ever waking moment with her since, like a shadow that followed her round engulfing her in hugs ever chance he got. Emilia had gotten dressed pretty quick in something simple, comfy jeans and a cami, she grabbed a hold of her backpack and vervain necklace attaching it around her neck. "Come on I though for a moment that you would come out with shorter hair." Klaus joked as they began to head to his car. 

"Not quiet yet, though i do think people may now notice a difference between us... The fact that Elena is now a different species should help." Emilia commented as they got into the car heading towards the school. "It feels like forever since i was here." Emilia mentioned as he drove closer. 

"I bet, I'm pretty sure it was the night you fell in love with me." 

"Yeah, obviously because attacking me and my friends at school really swept me off my feet." Emilia couldn't hold in a laugh as she spoke how ridiculous that sounded, she remembered it as though it was yesterday. 

"Quiet literally." He pulled into the schools car park, and stopped by the entrance to the school. "Have fun Love, see you later." He lent over and placed a tender kiss on her lips, a smiling growing on her lips making it hard to concentrate before parting and heading out of the car and into the office.

•••

She pushed open the door to what had once been Alaric's classroom, it felt strange to come in when he wasn't going to be here for them during school. She sat down in a seat besides Caroline looking at a board. "I like the hair. When did you get it cut?" Caroline said obviously confused by her now shoulder length hair. 

"After i got in last night I felt like I needed a change." She said playing with the ends with her fingers she was enjoying it, a literal weight lifted off her shoulders. "How's Ty..." Emilia began to ask her friend when Rebekah sauntered in flyers in her hand. 

"Morning, everyone." She cheerfully spoke as she began to hand them out to everyone around the room. " So, I'm throwing a little anti-curfew party at my new house. Starts at fifth period and goes 'til whenever. Spread the word." She announces handing flyers to everyone in the room but she seemed to purposefully avoid Emilia, although they had their differences in the past while living at Klaus' they had grown closer and gotten to a point she would have considered her a friend. 

Klaus had briefly mentioned him and Rebekah weren't on talking terms but this seemed a bit more than that to her. She hadn't dared ask why at the time but she had just assumed it had something to do with not leaving town or something like that.

Emilia relaxed for a second making a mental note to ask Klaus when she heard something from the row behind hers, Rebekah was near Elena and they seemed to be exchanging rather angry words in hushed tone, Stefan suddenly stood and pulled Elena out of the classroom door behind him into the corridor, she decided it was possibly a new vamp feeding issue and the sheer amount of humans around her probably wasn't helping.

Nothing happened for a moment and then Rebekah had stood and walked out of the room followed by a girl called Heather, a girl that Emilia wasn't sure if was on Vervain or not. She closed her eyes taking a deep breath she closed her eyes reminding herself not to get involved with their drama. 

•••

Emilia's day seemed to go by in a breeze as if she were on auto-pilot not actually living the day just there, she managed to avoid gym saying that she had pulled a muscle and had called Klaus to come and pick her up early. The first day back had been intense not because of anything bad happening but more so that she had no one here anymore, she no longer felt comfortable around her family and couldn't trust them and knew they felt the same.