•THREE•

•••
THREE
•••

Isobel stood at the doorway completely still, Emilia had made her way down the stairs and was now looking at a more confused than ever Aunt Jenna and all Emilia could think was if they had told her this would be half as bad as it currently way. "Hello girls it's lovely to see you again." Isobel said smirking widely as she looked at both her daughters.

"AGAIN?" Jenna questioned loudly looking at the sisters quizzically, neither knew what to say or do to make this situation right. Nothing could make sense to Jenna right now her boyfriend Ric's missing wife was stood at the door telling Jenna that she was the girl's mother and they had known and not told her.

"So you are the woman that is dating my husband, I must say he's downgraded. Though that's for another day I must speak with my children please." She asks ignoring Jenna and looking at the girls. "May I come in?"

"JENNA DON'T DO IT!" Shouted Emilia who was making her way down the stairs now as Elena walked over to the door slamming it in their mothers face.

"You knew that she was alive all of this time? Ric, John? Do they know?" Jenna asked as she began to tear up.

"I can explain everything." Emilia tried reasoning with her but all she did was wipe at her eyes and run up the stairs, Emilia knew that whatever she did, she would never convince her that what they were doing was right. Elena ran after her trying to justify it but all Emilia could do was sink to the stairs below her feet planting her head in her hands.

•••

The next morning Emilia woke on the living room couch a fluffy grey blanket draped over her body, grabbing her phone off the coffee table she rings the only person she thought might be able to help, Ric. He arrived ten minutes later after driving at break neck speed. "She up yet?" He asks and Emilia just shrugs her shoulders.

"She's not left her room since last night, Elena's trying her best but Ric I think lying to her might mean we have just lost one of the only family members that matter to us anymore." Emilia sniffles.

"We are going to fix this Emilia, don't worry." He assures her just as a flash of red is seen coming down the stairs, Jenna was dressed and had a large bag slung over her shoulder.

"Hey!" Emilia shouts trying to get her aunt to slow down or stop.

"Jenna!" Alaric says in his teacher voice one that normally had people pausing for thought.

"I don't want you here!" Jenna was getting on a scarf and coat from the large rack by the door knocking over the photo of the four of us as she went.

"I can't imagine what you must be feeling..." He began only to be shut down by Jenna talking over him.

"Rage...Betrayal that would pretty much cover it." She says pulling the coat on her body and slipping her feet into her ankle boots.

"Where are you going?" Elena asks the question on the tip of everyone's tongue.

"I'm going to stay on campus. I have a thesis to write, and I don't want to be in this house." Jenna said.

"Jenna please just stop." Ric pleads, the distraught evident in his voice. "Let us explain to you exactly what is going on." He said no almost begging to keep her here, keep her safe.

"Elena or Emilia, I need you to go to the Lockwood's today and accepts the historical society's check for your mom's foundation." Jenna states in a tone not commonly heard from Jenna just as Emilia begins to tear up.

"Okay but you have to promise me, please be safe." Elena begged Jenna and with that the door slammed shut and Emilia felt her heart break, Jenna was like a sister to her someone that she had always gone to with her troubles or fears. Just as the door shut and Ric began reaching for the handle John walked out the kitchen with an evil grin on his face.