•ELEVEN•

•••
Eleven
•••

Emilia stood chopping up peppers in the kitchen, Elena kept talking and added to the pot a large piece of hair fell into her face as she kept cutting things to add to the chilli. "I seriously don't know why you'd want to bring Chili to a potluck, everyone in this town brings Chili." Damon remarked sarcastically as he looked over at Ric. "Hey what time are you heading to the Lockwood party?"

"Ah, the founder's events aren't really my thing?" Ric commented shaking his head, in all honest Emilia had to admit that she wasn't fond of any sort of town gathering, someone dies or something dramatic happens.

"If I have to go so do you." Damon remarked sarcastically as he jumped off the bench not that Emilia minded meant that she had extra bench space as he wasn't helping anyway. "All the town are going to be bringing chili anyway."

"Damon its an old family recipe, we have always done it." Emilia explained in a direct tone she was hoping it would shut him up for a minute. Damon had stuck around with Emilia and Elena since Stefan had left with Klaus.

"Yeah I know! I knew your family. They made crappy chili." Damon spoke, Elena giggled to herself and Ric just shook his head, Emilia was pretty sure he was just fed up of the drama and sudden changed in his life he went from a single vampire hunter history teacher with a missing wife, to a man that had suddenly become a carer to three teenagers, two of which were his step kids, and all their friends were supernatural in some way.

"Can I just ask why the hell you are here?" Ric directs his questions towards Damon.

"He thinks that I am going to break, IM NOT GOING TO BREAK." Her sister spoke it seemed the last part of it was reassurance for herself more than anyone else. "I am just going to keep making chili with my sister, and pretend that I didn't waste my entire summer looking for someone who didn't want to be found."

"She's in denial." He remarked, Elena muttered something that Emilia could not hear and Damon went to react.

"Damon, its obvious that she is in denial but she is coping. You are just in love with her that's the real reason why you are here."

"Emilia, shut your mouth." He stalked forward towards Elena taking her necklace between his fingers, she flinches at the contact. "Is this not a reminder of your unbreakable bond with Stefan?" Damon interrogates her, the doorbell rings just in time and Elena scarpers to the doorway. Opening up the door she sees Bonnie her hair was as perfect as always as she walked into the house, her hands held onto a large ceramic dish.

"I come bearing gifts." She says almost singing the words.

"If this is chili, I'm going to die." Emilia spoke pulling Bonnie into a hug. "I've missed you so much."

"I leave town for the summer and everything goes to hell." Bonnie joked, Emilia noticed at this moment that her brother was descending the staircase probably wondering what all the squealing was about, looking over at him and he seems surprised.

"Bonnie!" His face has the brightest smile I have ever seen from my brother, she rushes over to him as he bounds down the stairs like an excitable puppy. He wraps his arms around her kissing her as though no one else was in the room.

"Sisters in the room." Emilia laughed as the twins begin to walk back to the kitchen.

As they all get into the Kitchen Emilia goes back to stirring the pot. "The problem is with my dads side of the family. They are normal and that makes them very boring and that made the summer boring." Bonnie smiles as she speaks Jeremy had his arm around her waist.