Kitahoshi ⸝⸝ Swiping Into Sleepiness

Kita was the type to love to clean, he found it calming and a great way to pass time and most of all, get things done beforehand. Who didn't love to see their home clean and organized? Hoshiumi on the other hand could be considered the exact opposite, for if anything he was more into keeping his room and belongings a scattered mess. His socks never matched for a reason and that reason wasn't fashion. He was the type to sit to the side as cleaning time went on, and often volleyball took up most of his time. So much to where sitting back to clean wasn't an option.

Hoshiumi sighed at the training camp he was at currently, sitting to the side, he was alone in a gym at around what should've been his bed time. All his teammates asleep ; including Hirugami, the clock showed the time to be 10:03 PM. The short male was going through another sleepless night. He knew he wouldn't be able to sleep, or at least until 2 or even 5 AM. So the most he could do was sit in a quiet gym, lights on - all alone, only to hear the soft hits of the volleyball he were to set all alone. A sigh left his lips, I should go back to the rooms before some coach runs down here and asks why I'm even here. He thought.
But then again, whatever. I cant sleep so it doesn't matter much, eh. He mentally shrugged.

Kita on the other hand was just entering the gym, ever since he saw scuff on some volleyballs an urge in him screamed to clean it out, he would've earlier but by the time he was instructed to go have lunch. The satisfaction felt from rubbing away any dirt only to reveal a clean and like brand new product was ever so endearing. The feeling of knowing you've been productive itself is very pleasing, a temporary but worth it bliss.
Kita was expecting the lights off, sooner to be flicked on by his pale and quite skinny fingers, but immediately his eyes were semi blinded by the lights being on. His eyes stared to the side, only to notice the short white haired spiker, "Hm?" He let slip between his pink lips, Hoshiumi shot his head up immediately.
"Ah, h,hey?" He said, somewhat awardly. He shook his head after realizing he had stuttered, feeling pathetic he stared at Inarizaki's captain for a response.
"Hello, may, I ask why you're here so late?" Kita asked politely, tilting his head to the side as the question left his lips.
"I just can't sleep, nothin more or less." Hoshiumi half retorted. The shorter one's arms rested on the volleyball right in his hands, his fingertips gripping onto the ball, "Why are you here though?"
Kita blinked at the somewhat rudeness running through the other's tone, "I'm just here to clean those few volleyballs." Kita pointed to the left of the room, before walking in the pointed direction. His footsteps clanked along the light and polished wooden floors, his sneakers creaked along with the wood. Hoshiumi stared in judgement, who cleans at 10 PM? And out of everything, why the fuck do you want to clean the volleyballs?
He couldn't understand why or how anybody would ever want to, a part of him felt lazy and pathetic, whilst another cringed as to why anybody would want to dirty their hands for the sake of cleanness before bed. Kita stared whilst taking out a disinfectant wipe from a pack, he could tell from the look on the spiker's face, he was confused.
Kita simple shrugged, he wasn't to care - or atleast that was his train of thoughts, he stared down at the yellow and blue color twirled volleyball, visible scuff, obvious signs of constant usage, he simply swiped the wipe along the ball, carefully making sure to get each and every imperfection. Hoshiumi watched, his mind tried to click the other male's name, the most he knew was that he was the captain of Inarizaki's team.
He thought to himself silently, something with a K, whilst Kita himself was also trying to get his own mind to click on the others name. He knew at most, something with a H, something with a i at the end. Hoshiumi scanned through his memory only to remember ;
Kita Shinsuke
His name was Kita. Kita on the other hand remembered some play throughs, the gathering of his coaches voice's as he scrubbed the ball spotless. Hoshiumi was it? I think it was. His mind displayed a mini confusion, "Your name is Hoshiumi right?" Kita said to break the silence. Hoshiumi stared, "Mhm," the spiker let out.
"Yours is,, Kita I think?"
"Correct."
"Well then you're odd." Hoshiumi said without hesitancy, "Am I really?" Kita asked, tilting his head to the side in semi confusion, as he swiped another ball spotless.
"No shit, I mean, who cleans at 10 PM?" Hoshiumi blathered on. "Well, for one it's calming, it makes me feel more achieved. Whilst second it does help me sleep better, I tend to feel more tired after a good cleaning. Third-"
"I didn't ask for a whole list, or whatever." Hoshiumi spat, not understanding how blank this guy seemed, but not in a bad way, in a way where he owned perfection, the need to be highly organized and get on top of every responsibility, the type to follow a strict enough schedule. "You seem tired, mood wise mainly, or something along such lines." Kita said calmly, as he had just finished cleaning his sixth ball.
"Well no shit, I can't sleep." Hoshiumi muttered, crossing his arms as he threw the volleyball directly at the wooden gym floors. Kita simply got up from his little floor spot, standing in front of the white haired spiker sitting down in front of him, "Here." He tossed over a ball and handed over a wipe. Hoshiumi cocked his head to the side. "What do you think this wipe is gonna do? It's not gonna make me sleep-"
"Clean the ball, and maybe do the last one here too." Kita picked up a red and green swirled volleyball. Hoshiumi looked up at the captain with a confused expression, "Hah? You think I'm gonna clean and magically fall aslee-"
"Trust me, won't you?" Kita calmly shot back, quietly Hoshiumi hunched over on the ball, swiping away scuff and watching as the wipe soon became dirtied with dust and quite minor filth. He slowly eased into the easy cleaning after a few minutes, finishing one watching as Kita tossed him another, as he swiped away more scuff and dust and wear, he felt his eyes growing heavy.
He felt tired, he felt his eyes almost shutting as a temporary bliss filled him, he felt as if he had bothered to fufill something for someone even if the task given was rather minor, small. He shook his head trying to atleast make it back to his training camp given area for a nights rest.
As he finally finished he noticed Kita getting up to leave. "Wait," Hoshiumi semi shouted whilst flicking off the lights, running over to Kita. "Hm?" Kita stared down.
"Thanks for, helping me want to sleep better I guess." He stared at Kita, looking to the side as a small blush appeared on his cheeks.
Kita only smiled softly, "No problem, should I walk you back to where your team is resting or-?" Hoshiumi thought for a few seconds, the tiredness sinking to his legs, "I'd like that." Hoshiumi mumbled, walking along from the gym to get a good nights rest.
For now he felt a need to maybe clean more.

      Sorry that this chapter was late, lately I've been busy with personal things, nonetheless, hope y'all enjoyed this chapter, have a great day, love y'all

Sorry that this chapter was late, lately I've been busy with personal things, nonetheless, hope y'all enjoyed this chapter, have a great day, love y'all. 🤍

1320 words~