48. Muffliato

Fifth Year:

Lily's POV:

That evening was quiet. Teddy and Fred were in the common room, playing card games and making bets, totally forgotten everything that happened. Or maybe they just didn't seem to think it was important.

When I entered our room again, Alice gave me a kind smile. I could tell she was bugged that I didn't tell them sooner. They're my best friends, and I should have told them first. And I don't know why I didn't. I don't have any good explanation of why I felt like keeping this to myself.

Roxanne was the same. Tho she didn't give me a smile, she didn't even look at me.

But I know we're not going to stay like this forever. And I also don't think it's a good idea to talk to her right now. I should give every time. Maybe after she thinks about it, she will understand me. Not that I understand myself but...

To give them both some space, I quickly changed into shorts and t-shirt, and grabbed my broom.

I didn't practice this week, at all. I know I'm not in the team, but I still love playing quidditch. 

I got down to the common room. Fred and Teddy were still playing card games, and apparently James joined them to.

"Oh hey Lils, when did you go up?" Teddy asked.

"Few minutes ago. I'm on the field if you need me." They all sounded and I waved them good bye.

On Sundays, quidditch captains don't do any practices, and the team chooses this day to relax. So the whole field is just mine.

I remember my first year at Hogwarts, when dad sent me a new broom to practice.

That Sunday, all day long, I stayed there, practicing again and again, until I got to the point where I was about to pass out from hunger.

But that wasn't the reason I stopped that day...

"Oi Wood, what are you doing up there?"

"What does it look like I'm doing Potter?"

After doing two matches, we were even. And apparently... we were very loud. 

"That doesn't count you pig face!"

"You better watch out carrot!"

I remember McGonagall coming to the field with her pajamas to give us detention for still being out after curfew.

That wasn't my first detention of course, but it was my first real detention.

I was flying up and down for fun when someone called my name.

"How kind of practicing is that?"

I looked down to see Teddy, Fred, Alice, Roxanne and James holding their brooms to join me.

I got down and walked towards Roxanne and Alice while the boys were getting ready.

"I thought you were mad at me?"

Roxanne gave me a half smile. "We can talk about that later."

*****

"And my team wins! A-gain !" I high five Roxanne while James tried to argue with me.

"That doesn't count carrot face!"

"Don't act like a child, pig face! I won, you lost!"

We were still in the air with our brooms. My team -Roxanne and Teddy- were singing their victory. While James' team -Alice and Fred- tried to argue for a rematch.