22. Seize the Moment

-Sky-

-Sky-

"We should leave them alone," I spoke after a moment.

I was still staring at the owls, who were staring angrily back at me. The mommy owl was out from her nest, and the eggs were getting cold.

"Okay," Max muttered and let go of me.

I hadn't even noticed how he was holding me. I blushed and turned to face the doorway. Did Max just hug me? Or was he just trying to keep me up on my feet? Or maybe he thought I would rush to see the nest and was just holding me back.

That must've been it.

"I can carry you to the tent if you want," Max suggested when we were outside on the sunny field.

"You don't have to, you'll break your back," I said and tried to give him a playful smile, but I was blushing too hard.

"You're not heavy!" Max said. "Let me carry you. Please."

"What's with you and carrying me around," I chuckled. "I can still walk, you know?"

"Not if you're tripping over some air all the time," Max smirked and stopped me. "I'll carry you like the prettiest bride."

That guy knew how to make me blush way too often. He didn't even give me time to answer, before he had scooped me up in his arms, and started carrying me the way he said he would.

"You're way too stubborn for your own good!" I giggled and tried to hold still so he wouldn't lose his balance.

"No, I'm not. I'm just being considerate," Max protested. "And, if you break a bone or something, I have no idea how to get you out of the forest. I can't drive the ATV, remember?"

"Oh, right," I mumbled.

"See? I'm just being practical," Max smiled.

"Okay, okay," I giggled and looked at him.

I kind of got lost in his eyes again when he looked at me. They were now sparkling in the sunlight, and I couldn't decide which one I loved more, his blue eye or the brown one. They were both so amazing, so radiant and so... warm. I wished he would stare at me, and only me. I didn't want him to look away from me.

Of course, there was a downside to it.

"Ack!" He yelped when he tripped to something, and a second later, I found myself lying on the ground, with him lying on top of me. "Sky! Are you hurt? I'm so sorry."

I had no words to speak. His eyes were now just an inch away from mine. I had no idea if I was hurt or not. When he was so close to me, nothing could hurt me.

"Sky?" Max spoke worriedly and pushed himself up. "Sky?!"

"I'm fine! I'm fine..." I gasped and smiled. "Now who's the clumsy one?"