50. Really Special

-Max-

-Max-

I woke up when I felt something moving next to me. I wasn't at my sharpest in the mornings, so I assumed it was Guillermo, the asshole cat. I opened my eyes, ready to toss a pillow towards him, but I had no pillows, and it wasn't Guillermo who snuggled closer to me.

"Good morning," Sky mumbled and yawned. "I hope I didn't wake you."

I felt a happy wave of pure joy washing over me when I saw his face. He looked like he was still half asleep. I kissed his forehead and hugged him tightly.

"Good morning," I whispered into his ear, and he giggled lightly.

"Are you cold?" he asked. "It's a bit chilly here."

"I'm good, as long as you're here under the covers with me," I smiled and wrapped the sleeping bags tightly around us. "Now I won't get cold."

He smiled too and closed his eyes, pressing himself closely against me. I didn't want to fall asleep, but listening to his steady breathing did make me drowsy. I nodded off a couple of times, and I guess he did too, because he wasn't moving much.

I listened to the sounds around us, mostly birds, but sometimes I could hear something small moving in the grass, and I hoped it was just a bunny or a squirrel. I had never pictured myself spending the night outside in an abandoned farm, but there I was for the second time. Sky had given me another perspective on life. I was glad he did, or I would have missed out on a lot. I had never felt such peacefulness before. In a crowded city, it was impossible.

As the time passed, I started thinking about the barn that was just a few hundred feet away from us. It must be old, but it was still in a very good shape. I decided to find out more about it once we returned home. Luke had called it the Wilkes' farm, so I had something to start with.

I didn't have much longer to think about the barn when Sky moved again, squeezing me tightly and stretching his legs.

"Good morning," I chuckled.

"Did I fall asleep?" he muttered.

"I think we both did," I said. "It's not that cold anymore, so it must be around noon."

"That late?" Sky said and jolted up. He searched for his phone. "It's only ten thirty."

"Oh? Well, in that case, we can go back to sleep," I joked and grabbed his hand, pulling him back down next to me. "Or, are you in a hurry?"

He smiled and shook his head. When he looked up at me, I pressed a kiss on his lips, enjoying his sweetness.

"We can stay here as long as you want," he purred.

"Good, because I don't know if I want to leave," I smiled, speaking from my heart.

"Really?" he asked with such happiness in his voice that I almost drowned in the happiness I felt.

"Really. I don't even care about the snakes," I chuckled. "Unless they get in here. Then I'm out."

Sky laughed too and hugged me tightly. "You are so amazing."

"No – you are," I said tenderly. "The moment I met you, I knew there is something really special about you. I was... a bit of a mess before you. I knew I was different from the others, but I didn't want to deal with it. But, when we first came here, I admitted to myself that I liked guys too, and it wasn't scary anymore. You made it easy for me. I was falling for you, and it just felt natural."

Sky was smiling the entire time I spoke, and when I finally shut my mouth, he planted a kiss on my lips.

"It is natural," he whispered. "Love is natural, so you are not any different from the others. Just like I'm not any different."

"Oh – you are definitely different from the others," I said. "I think Mother Nature is your actual mother."

"Oops... There goes our family secret," Sky smirked.

"That explains why animals like you. And why that cat, Cloud, came to you asking for help. And those fawns! And Mr. Asshole loves you! There's only one explanation. You are the son of Mother Nature."

Sky was giggling madly and pushed me gently. "Come on! I'm just an ordinary human!"

"Human, maybe, but like I said, you're not like the rest of us," I said quietly. "You are something much, much better."

He stopped laughing and blushed lightly. He seemed shy and embarrassed, even though he had no reason to be. "I'm not that special," he mumbled.

"Yes, you are. I love you, Sky," I said and brushed a lock of his blond hair away from his eyes.

"I love you too," he whispered.

-End of Part 2 -