31. Always Watching

-Max-

-Max-

Sky had to skip the last period on Monday, because he had a check-up at the hospital. I would have loved to go with him, but we had a football practice after school, so I couldn't. Besides, my parents wouldn't have been pleased to know that I skipped classes.

So I waved him goodbye when his dad came to pick him up and followed Troy to our next class.

"Sooooo?" Troy cooed when Sky couldn't hear us anymore. "How's life?"

He had a wide smirk on his face. I laughed cheerily and shook my head, thinking about Sky. It was like the happiness I felt was trying to burst out of my chest.

"Pretty good," I said with a nod.

"I knew that you two would end up together," Troy smirked. "I told you, didn't I? He's your future husband!"

My smile grew wider, and I felt a slight blush creeping up on my cheeks. Troy looked like he was about to start teasing me, but his smile went soft, and his expression turned... sad, maybe?

"You'll find yours soon enough," I told him quietly, when we stepped into our class.

"I thought Elisa could have been the one," Troy shrugged, and turned to look at his ex-girlfriend.

I looked at her too, and my stomach suddenly turned upside down when I heard what she was telling her friend.

"Yeah – we had an amazing weekend together. I swear, we were doing it like rabbits!" she spoke, and they all started to giggle.

I looked at Troy carefully. Elisa broke up with him weeks ago, and I could tell that Troy wasn't over her yet. Troy wasn't looking in Elisa's direction, but I knew he was listening too. It looked like Elisa had a new boyfriend already.

"I'm sorry," another girl, Anna, said in a skeptical tone, "I didn't know you were going out with him."

"We hooked up last Friday," Elisa said. "And it's going great!"

"But you and Luke Frost?" Anna said in awe.

I stopped breathing. I could hear a pencil snap in half right next to me. I gulped and turned to look at Troy.

Troy was the sweetest, kindest and most caring guy there was. He was fun and playful, and laughed way too much. But my God... If he got pissed...

"Troy?" I spoke his name timidly.

He ignored me completely. He put his broken pencil away and took a new one. He looked calm and composed, and he had no expression on his face. Now, someone else would think there was nothing wrong. But Troy was never silent. He was never sitting calmly in his seat.

He was angry.

"Oh lord..." I sighed.

Luke was going to get killed. Brutally.