47. Mood Killer

-Troy-

-Troy-

I woke up at eleven the next morning, but it took me a while to get my eyes open. I was always groggy after waking up, so there wasn't much brain activity going on. Not until an image of last night popped into my head.

"Maaan..." I groaned and hugged my pillow.

I had a date. With Luke. That happened. Like, for real. I was out having fun with a guy. And I asked him to come over. I would be spending the entire day with him.

"Dude, what the hell am I supposed to do...?" I mumbled and grabbed my phone.

Maybe I was still in denial. I figured that one out when I saw I had zero messages and missed calls. I couldn't deny that I was disappointed. I rolled on my back and stared at the screen, trying to make sense of myself. That didn't work, so I texted Luke: 'I'm up.'

I had learned it was best if I just didn't try to figure anything out. My head refused to work when it came to Luke, so it was best if I just followed my instincts.

I waited for like ten seconds before my phone started to ring. It was Luke. My stomach made a couple of backflips inside me, and for a moment, all I could do was to stare at the phone. Then I snapped out of it and answered.

"Hi, uh... Sorry for calling... I hate texting. My thumbs are too big for this damned thing..." Luke muttered, sounding anxious.

I had a dick joke in my mind, but I decided to act like a normal human being for once. "It's fine. I can't keep my eyes open yet, so this is fine," I said and yawned widely. "So, when are you coming over?"

"I need to wait for Max and Sky – they should be here in an hour. They're going to Wilkes' farm again."

"And they need your ATV," I guessed. "Say what you want, but I think you are a sweet guy."

"Well, I guess I can live with that if it gives me more points," Luke said.

"It sure does," I smiled and wiggled around in my bed, getting comfortable. "So... It will take almost two hours before you get here?"

"I'll try to come as fast as I can," he promised, and I had to admit it made me happy.

"I'll be waiting then," I said. "I should get out of bed now. Call me when you get here."

"Sure, see you soon," he said before hanging up.

I didn't put my phone away. Instead, I opened the messages and searched for my conversation with Max.

'You better get your ass to Luke's asap,' I texted him.

Soon I saw him typing a message. 'Why? What's wrong?'

'I'm waiting for him to come over,' I told him.

'Oh, okay. So, how was it? Did you have fun last night?'