62. Positive Attitude

-Luke-

-Luke-

Finally alone with Troy. My parents were seeing their friends, so we decided to spend the rest of the evening at our house. When I tried to open the front door, Bella was already jumping against it, barking and whining in excitement.

"Someone's happy," Troy chuckled.

"She doesn't like to be left alone," I explained. "Bella, move..."

She didn't give us any room to come in. The second the door opened, she was at our feet, rubbing her head on our knees. She even tried to jump against Troy, but I stopped her from doing that.

"Where's your manners, young lady?" I asked, gently grabbing her by her cheeks. She wagged her tail so furiously her whole body was swaying. "Right, I forgot, you don't have any manners... No, you don't... No, you don't..."

I felt a pair of hands on my stomach when Troy suddenly hugged me from behind. I turned to look at him over my shoulder, and he gave me a smile.

"Hi," he smirked.

"Hi," I said, feeling a bit confused, but happy.

"Don't mind me," he said. "Carry on."

I let go of Bella, turned around, and placed my hands on his cheeks. "Where are your manners, young man?"

Troy started to laugh, and the sound and sight of it warmed every part of me. Then, he wrapped his arms around my back, and got up on his toes to press his lips on mine. As sad as I was for not being able to hear his laugh anymore, I wasn't complaining. I was always too scared to initiate the kiss, because I feared he would turn away. This was a good sign.

"We should take this inside," he purred in my ear, pushing his hands inside my shirt in a very seductive manner.

I grabbed him by his arms and pushed him a step away from me. Spiders. Spiders. Not the ones we had here, no, the ones they had in Australia.

"What?" Troy chuckled.

"Manners," I muttered.

His laugh faded slowly, and he tilted his head a little. "I didn't mean to turn you on," he said, but I didn't detect even a hint of apology in his voice.

"You're doing that on purpose," I grunted, and turned to walk inside.

"Well, for the record, it's not that hard," he said, and started laughing. "Not that hard..." he whispered, and laughed harder.

I laughed as well and shut the door once we all were inside. "I'm a teenager. I can't help it. That thing has a will of its own..."

"Don't worry, I take it as a compliment," Troy spoke and stepped in front of me. "But, I promise not to provoke any salutes," he said with a wink.