1

Luciano sat across from his father in his mahogany office and sighed. His father never called for a meeting with just him unless it was serious. Usually, his brother Dante would join in to hear the latest on the family's business and offer input. There were fewer occasions when his sister and Dante's twin, Desi would show her face. She could care less for the family business and they all knew it, but she had an obligation to the Rossi name and did as she was told most of the time. He watched as his father typed away on his phone and wondered who he was texting. Before he could say anything, his father put down the device and smiled up at him.

Agosto Rossi was a man of many talents. He made a name for himself at a young age taking on the family business at the ripe age of 21. He always knew what he wanted and went after it by any means necessary and that gained him the respect, as well as, fear he received worldwide. The Rossi family dabbled in various businesses around the world and remained leaders in a lot of industries, but their true work lies in the mafia. Agosto Rossi was the capo dei capi (boss of all bosses) and worked hard to get there. He had every Italian, Mexican and South American mafia under him. They worked for him and paid him what was owed in return for protection and clout.

He was a powerful man, but he wasn't so blind or dumb to think that power would last forever. Like any successful business, Agosto knew that partnerships and mergers had to be made to ensure longevity and sustainability. He looked at his eldest son and smiled hopeful that he would do as he is told to ensure that the Rossi name remains at the top of the game for decades and centuries to come.

"Che succede papa? (What's up, Dad)" Luciano asked as he sat back in his chair. "You love your life, yes?" Luciano raised an eyebrow to his father before answering yes. "You would do anything to keep the lifestyle we have as Rossi's. You would do what needs to be done to ensure we remain the head of all." Luciano replied with another yes eyeing his father curiously. "What's this about, Papa?" Agosto stood from behind his desk and made his way in front of his son. He sat at the edge of his desk and sighed. "I need you to do something for me. For the family." Luciano looked at the seriousness in his eyes and nodded. "Anything, Papa." Agosto smiled before placing his hands beside him. "By the end of the month you will marry Annalise Monroe."

Luciano heard what his father had said, but was too shocked to comprehend. "Mi scusi? (Excuse me)" Agosto went on to talk about mergers and sustainability, but Luciano had stopped listening. His father had just asked him to marry the one person he couldn't stand. "Luc, you will marry her in 3 weeks' time and you will make it as believable as possible. I want the world to think you two are madly in love as the Feds and every other coglione (fucker) is watching us. This will shine a very legal light when the Monroe and Rossi families merge their legal businesses. Do you understand?" 

Luciano remembered shaking his head, but he was still in a daze. "Also figlio (son), no one can know this is an arranged marriage. Just family." He nodded once more. "Did she agree to this?" It was the first thing he said once the shock wore off. "Maxwell is talking to her now. She'll agree. She's like you. The two of you will do what must be done for the family."

Luciano didn't believe that. He had heard all of the horror stories of Annalise Monroe from his friend Gianna. She was a horrible person that got off on bullying those she deemed beneath her. Gianna had described how ugly and fat she was and now he was being forced to marry her. He had no idea how long they were going to be forced to be married and it angered him. He made his way to his room and looked on as Dante threw a football in the air while sitting on his bed. "So, Dad break the news to you?" Luciano looked at his brother. "How did you know?" Dante cocked his head. "Desi." They said in unison. Their sister didn't seem to care for the illegal dealings of their family's business, but always had information before it made its rounds.

"You excited to be a married man?" Luciano leveled him with a glare causing Dante to laugh. They looked a lot alike standing at 6'4" with deep brown hair and jade green eyes. However, where Dante's skin was pure and clear of any blemish, Luciano was covered in tattoos from his neck to his waistline. "I'm not excited about shit. I can't even bitch to Gianna about it because I've been sworn to secrecy." Dante made a face. "I don't know why you still talk to that girl. She's bad news and everyone seems to know it but you." Luciano waved his brother off not in the mood to get in another argument about Gianna. They met in high school and had become close friends soon after. He liked her. She was there for him and was always willing to talk. It didn't hurt that she would get on her knees or bend over whenever he asked her to.

"You know he wouldn't ask this of you if it wasn't necessary. Play the role. Do your part. We'll make it out eventually. We always do." Dante offered placing a hand on his brother's shoulder before walking out. Luciano smiled at the fact that Dante was wiser than the lot of them. He plopped down on his bed and thought of what the next few weeks would consist of. His mother had already informed him that the Monroe's would be over tomorrow afternoon for lunch and pictures that would be used to announce their engagement. 

He never thought he'd get married. He was fine with being the playboy bachelor despite his mother's rants against his lifestyle and need for grandchildren. Now she was getting her wish. He would be married to help out his family as his father saw best, but he'd be damned if he'd give her any grandchildren. He couldn't even fathom kissing Annalise let alone fucking her. Gianna described her ugliness to a tee and he had the visual locked and loaded. He would keep an arm's length and play the role for his family. That was it. He hoped she'd get the message loud and clear when tomorrow arrived.