24

It had been a week since Annalise was in a coma. She woke up to Maxim and her mother and smiled. Maxim looked disheveled and she knew the only times he left her was to take a shower and come right back. Her mother looked exhausted and fearful and she knew the way she must look and her medical status had a lot to do with that. She wasn't surprised that Luciano was absent. 

Everything Rogelio did had worked. He had ruined her for her husband. Luciano would never look at her the same and she knew that. "Where's Luc?" She finally asked her mother after hugs and kisses. "He's back at the Rossi estate with Sorta, Dmitri, your father and brothers, Ibrahim and Manuel. None of the Rossi family has been revealed to him. Your father wants him to think they're still dead. I'm not sure why."

Annalise was confused. "Why are they all here?" Maxim chuckled lightly. "For you, kroshka. They each played a pivotal role in getting you home." Annalise gave a small smile. She knew that she meant something to the powerful men of various mafias, but she didn't know that they would use their time and resources to help her in her time of need. 

"It's good that Rogelio doesn't know the Rossi's are alive. We can use that. When can I leave? When can I go home?" Maxim's face turned murderous. "You're never going back to him." Adele tried to speak up, but Maxim shook his head. "You're going back to your parents or with me, kroshka, those are your options." Annalise exhaled loudly, but she wasn't surprised. Maxim's protectiveness took on new meaning when she was in danger.

Right then the doctors came in. "Happy to see you awake, Mrs. Rossi." Annalise gave a tight-lipped smile, while Maxim rolled his eyes. "Your injuries could have been worse, but we were able to get you together. The wound on your head has been stitched to perfection. You won't notice the scar, though we had to shave the side of your head to perform the procedure. I'm sorry." 

Annalise felt the left side of her head that felt colder and sighed. "You still look beautiful, my love." Maxim said grabbing her hand in his. As if snapped back to reality, Annalise's eyes grew wide. "I need a pregnancy test!" The expressions on everyone's faces ranged from sadness to rage. "We did one, Mrs. Rossi. You're not pregnant." Annalise exhaled loudly before throwing her head back against the pillow.

"When can she leave?" Adele asked the doctors. "In an hour or so. We just want to run one more test and scan beforehand." They all nodded before watching the doctors leave. "I want to be with my family, Maxim." He nodded. "That's fine, but I'll be with you there also. I'm not letting you out of my sight ever again, kroshka." Annalise sighed and shook her head. "That's not your responsibility, Max. I'm married. I should be with-" Maxim cut her off. "If it's his responsibility then where is he, huh? Why isn't he by your side like I am? Why isn't he here? Why hasn't he been here?" Maxim yelled. "Because I'm ruined!" Annalise yelled back. "You don't know what we went through all those days. You don't know what that monster put him through...what he made him watch." Annalise cried silent tears as her shoulders shook.

Adele was quick to be by her daughter's side as she pulled her into a tight embrace. It broke Maxim's heart to yell at her, but he was beyond upset. He could kill Luciano with his bare hands. His sister told him about Annalise's feelings that something was up and he knew Luciano knew this and refused to listen. "Let's get you dressed, baby girl," Adele whispered as she helped Annalise out of bed. "I'll be outside." Maxim said gruffly before standing outside her door with the two Monroe bodyguards he knew well. "How she doing?" Mackie asked. "She's a fighter, but she's got a long way to go." Ray nodded before letting the doctors through.

They were ready to go an hour later and they each could tell that Annalise was on edge. "You're safe, kroshka. I'm here. I'm not going to let anything happen to you." She had heard that before. She had heard it from the man that promised to always love and cherish her, but where was he now. "I'm fine, Max." He held her hand in the SUV and forced her to look at him. "I know when you're lying, Lise. I know when you're hurting. You're doing both right now." 

She sighed loudly looking away from him. "I want to see him." Maxim groaned loudly. "Kroshka, if he wanted to be here-" Annalise shook her head. "Not Luc. Rogelio." Adele turned to face her daughter. "Are you sure that's wise?" She nodded. "He may have ruined my marriage and wrecked Luciano, but it takes a lot more to break me. I'm a Monroe and he's going to learn today that he fucked with the wrong bitch."

Adele and Maxim smiled before opening their doors and heading in to the Monroe mansion. Annalise was changed into all black in record time. The fitted leggings showed off her curves, while the black tank top highlighted the bruising on her arms and neck. "I'm ready." She announced causing Maxim and Adele to turn around. The sob that escaped Adele's lips was palpable. 

Annalise knew what she looked like. She had taken the brave steps of looking at her reflection after she showered. She had bruises all over her face and body and her lip was finally starting to heal. She looked like what she'd been through, but she wasn't broken because of it. She had time to think in the shower and most of the car ride home.

Rogelio wasn't obsessed with her. He was obsessed with Luciano. He wanted to break him down so badly that he would be a shell of himself. She realized now that Rogelio didn't care if he died. When the gun went off he had welcomed that he lost, but he wanted to take away the one thing he knew Luciano loved more than anything and that was her. She wanted to give in to his lies about her being worthless and used up, but she knew better. That was what he wanted. He wanted them to break up. He wanted Luciano to lose everything and she wasn't going to let that happen. She had promised herself to her husband and she wasn't going to break that promise.

"Let's go, Max. Mama, I want you to stay here. The guards are here with you and it's safer." Adele wanted to be there for her daughter but the whole ordeal wrecked her. Sora Ito's ninjas had recovered the recordings of the Mexican mansion that Rogelio was holding them hostage in. That week they had spent going over the footage. Maxwell forced them to destroy the tapes afterward, but the damage was done. They had seen what that monster had done to their beloved Annalise and it enraged them.

The head of the most prominent mafias stood in front of Rogelio and his men who were tied up. They were all mostly badly beaten, but it was obvious they were restraining themselves. They didn't want a quick death for any of them. Agosto had met with the men prior to and instructed them that they would get as much intel as possible from Rogelio's men before killing them one by one. 

That morning was spent unveiling all of the families that Rogelio had blackmailed and kidnapped. They each did a sweep of these families to ensure that they were helping Rogelio unwillingly. They then discovered the Mexican family that gave their business to the madman and wiped out their entire family. There is no passing down in the mafia. It is blood in and blood out and they knew that.

Luciano stared at Rogelio with a hatred he'd never known he'd experience. Rogelio just stared at him through his one good eye and smirked. "Where is the Queen? You all are here for Annalise, am I right? So where is she? Probably unable to walk after the many times I fucked her." Malcom shut him up with a swift punch to his face. "Shut the fuck up!" Malcolm bellowed causing Rogelio to laugh. 

"He can't even fight me. Is this who you forced your daughter to be with, Maxwell? You aligned the great Monroe family with a sinking ship and your daughter paid the ultimate price." Rogelio looked back at Luciano and grinned. "I hope she's pregnant with my kid. That'll just be the perfect end to what was once Luciano and Annalise's great love story and the final blow to Luciano Rossi."