7

Luciano loaded up as his men prepped for attack. It wouldn't be considered a war, because they would be able to take out Broderick and his men in a few hours tops. Maxim had called a few of his men after explaining to Luciano what Annalise meant to his men, his family and partially to him. They had already gotten details on where to find all of his men and the few family members he had. Thankfully there were no children involved. Luciano hated when there were children involved.

They made sure Annalise was okay and situated before leaving. Both men couldn't take the dejected look in her eyes. They knew she was thinking what could have happened had they just been a few minutes late, because that's all they were thinking about as they blasted through Broderick Coleman's hideouts and favorite spots.

The Rossi's and Ivanov's had never worked together, but after explaining the situation to Maxwell, Agosto and Dmitri Ivanov all three fathers gave them the permission to wreak havoc. They dropped Annalise off at her parents' at 2 am and by 7am all of Coleman's associates and men were dead. The clean-up wasn't bad and by 9 am they had Broderick Coleman tied up to a chair bloodied and beaten in one of the Rossi warehouses.

"So, you thought it was smart to come after me and mine, huh?" Maxwell chuckled as he played with an extremely sharp knife. "I'm sorry, Max! I was dumb! It won't happen again!" Broderick cried. "Max? So, we're friends now. Get a load of this guy!" Maxwell laughed as he looked at Luciano, Dante, Malcolm, Brandon and Maxim. Dmitri and Agosto were present too wanting to get a look at the low-level gangster that had the gull to go after a king.

"I am so sorr-" His words were cut off by screaming as Maxwell lauched the knife into his chest and twisted it. "You come after me, fine. We'll go man to man. But you came after my daughter," he chuckled sinisterly. "You're going to die painfully, but not at my hands. See my baby girl belongs to someone else now and he belongs to her. I have a feeling he won't be so merciful."

Luciano stood up and walked towards Broderick. "Luciano Rossi? But why?" He chuckled darkly. "Annalise Monroe will soon be Annalise Rossi. You messed with the wrong one, buddy." Luciano jammed a fish hook into Broderick's stomach and pulled it upward. "I'm going to make an example of you, Ricky baby. Everyone is going to know what happens when you mess with me and mine."

It took a few more moments of torture before Broderick had given in to his injuries and died. Their men took care of the body and spread word to lower-level gangsters of what took place that morning. Maxwell did his part in introducing the Ivanov's to the Rossi's and letting both know how important Annalise was to the other. They bid their farewells before Maxwell asked Luciano to join him in his car. They rode to location where Luciano could see once housed a warehouse but it was now burnt to a crisp. "What is this place?" Luciano asked.

"This place was owned by another family who abducted Annalise." Luciano looked confused. "There was a growing Portuguese mafia family that I considered doing business with until I learned about their intent on trying to overtake your family. Your father and I had been working together for so long I wasn't going to let that happen. The day I went to tell them I was out they abducted Annalise and brought her here. For three days I didn't know where my daughter was or what was happening to her. I called your father and he assisted." Luciano's eyes widened at the realization.

"That was the Cortes case. I was busy on a project, but Dante helped him on that. No one told me that was about Annalise." Maxwell shook his head. "I didn't want it to get out. What they did to her. What they put her through. This thing we asked of you two is such a big deal because of that day. We realized we were better together than separate. She was safer under both umbrellas."

Luciano nodded his head thinking over everything. "They took my daughter's innocence during those three days. Like it was theirs to take." Maxwell held tears in his eyes as he looked at the ashes of the burned building. "That was the two years ago she was talking about at lunch wasn't it." Maxwell nodded his head while Luciano clenched his jaw.