2

Annalise sat in the sun room with her parents drinking her raspberry tea and smiling. Her father had just told her what he needed from her to ensure their family's success and she agreed immediately. Annalise wasn't difficult. She knew that if her father was asking this of her then it was crucial to their family's legacy and all that they had built. Maxwell Monroe never did anything without thoroughly thinking it through and calculating every outcome.

He was the Don of the first, only and most successful Black mafia for that very reason. His father, grandfather and great grandfather came up during a time when White men seemed to be the only ones to capitalize on luxury and wealth and they weren't having it. It was harder for them to break out in the mafia business, but they tapped into a market that had yet to be pillaged. Africa.

The Italians, Russians and Germans were major names in the mafia business, but could never gain access to the resources littered throughout Africa. The Monroe's found out early that Africans like to do business with people that looked like them. The rest was history. They now have a wealth that is insurmountable with a legacy and name known throughout the world.

The fact that her father was in talks with Agosto Rossi about merging their legal businesses along with their families was noteworthy and she knew deep down they were sending a message to those trying to pry into their lives. "Do you have any concerns, baby?" Her mother asked to which she shook her head. "I'm okay, Mama, honestly. I trust you guys. If you think this is best then so be it."

Adele Monroe smiled and squeezed her daughter's hand. She knew Annalise was her easy child. She didn't have to worry, but when it came to her boys Malcom and Brandon this conversation would've gone differently. In fact, she knew for sure they would have something to say about the arrangement once they found out.

"We're going to the Rossi's tomorrow afternoon for lunch and pictures. We're going to send out invites to the wedding to all the noteworthy families. We'll use the ceremony as an opportunity to talk business as well." Her father informed taking a sip of his whiskey.

"Okay, Dad. I'm going to go call Anastasiya." Annalise stood to leave, but Maxwell stopped her. "You can't tell her, baby girl." Annalise pouted. "Dad, she's my best friend. She'll know something is up. I all of a sudden get engaged and she never even knew of a relationship. You know she's smarter than that." Maxwell laughed thinking on the Russian blond.

"Fine, but tell her it stays between you and her. I don't want anyone knowing about this." Annalise smiled and nodded before giving both her parents a kiss. She ran upstairs and filled her best friend in on everything.

Anastasiya was in shock as she looked at her through FaceTime and then began drilling her with questions. "You sure about this? You really want to get MARRIED to a complete stranger?" Annalise shrugged as she looked at her nails. "I look at it as being on an episode of Married at First Sight or Love is Blind."

Anastasiya laughed loudly causing her to laugh. "You're crazy best friend." She smiled at her widely. "You love me anyway." Anastasiya nodded. "Always. You better fill me in on everything that happens tomorrow." Annalise nodded as she made her way to her walk-in closet. "You know I will. Now help me find an outfit for tomorrow. I want to look good, but respectable."

"Fuck respectable. You need to show that fool what he's winning." Annalise sighed and rolled her eyes. "I'm not some prize to be won, Ana. Besides, I'm sure he knows nothing is expected in this farce of a marriage. I just hope we can become good friends." Anastasiya scoffed and mumbled under her breath. "My best friend isn't being subjected to a life of lovelessness. Have you even seen this dude? Do you know what he looks like?"

Annalise thought on the last time she had heard of or seen Luciano Rossi. "The first and last time I saw Luciano we were 7 and 8 years old." "Oh my goodness, how have you never seen him since then?" Annalise shrugged. "He handles the tech stuff for his Dad's legal business and stays behind the scenes."

"Oh well let's have a look." Anastasiya propped her phone up while she typed away on her computer. "Well got damn!" Annalise laughed at her best friend before looking at her phone. Anastasiya had flipped the screen to show her computer screen. On the screen was a handsome man riddled with tattoos and a brooding smirk.

He looked quite different from when she last saw him. "He is handsome." Annalise mused with a smile. "Handsome. Girl he is downright fuckable!" Annalise shook her head. "That's my future husband you're talking about, Anastasiya. Don't make me get the hose!" They stared at each other and then burst into laughter.

"This may not be a bad deal, honey. He's fine as fuck. You're fine as fuck. You'll have amazing sex and gorgeous babies, all while saving your families' legacies. It's a win-win." Annalise chuckled at her friend before saying her goodbyes. She looked over the outfit she had picked out for tomorrow and smiled. As she walked out of her closet her two brothers burst into her room.

"Is it true?" Brandon asked angrily. Annalise rolled her eyes and sighed. "It was a matter of time until we found out, Anna." Malcolm offered with a smile. He was the calmer of the two. "Yes, it's true, Brandon. I'm fine. We'll be fine. Everything is fine." They looked at one another and then back at their sister who always seemed to have it together.

Annalise was the biggest asset to their family business. She was always steps ahead in every venture and deal. She spoke seven languages that benefitted them when working with the mafia families throughout the world. She was beautiful, gaining the attention of many in the male dominated world.

It was because she was such an asset that Malcom and Brandon had to trust that what their father was doing was calculated and necessary. They didn't understand why he wanted to hitch their wagon to the Rossi's, but they believed in their parents and trusted that they knew best. "We're going to be okay." Annalise smiled at them. "Monroe's over everything." They chanted.