20

*****Trigger Warning: Mention of Rape

Luciano could barely see out of his left eye. He already knew he had bruises all over his body and if he could guess he had a broken rib by how he breathed. He had yet to see Annalise and it was wearing on him. He didn't know what this man's problem was, but he needed answers as to how he knew him and what he wanted. 

After his beatdown, he was transported to a large room designed in light, but masculine colors that let him know this is where the leader resided. As if on cue, he walked into the room with a smile on his face. The goons tied Luciano to the wall giving him a better view of the room. "You look like shit," he said with a smile. "Perfect." Luciano rolled his eyes before he spoke. "Who are you?"

"We'll get to introductions soon. I'm waiting on the guest star." He went to unlock a door and groaned. "You're so beautiful." Luciano couldn't see who he was talking to, but noted the lust in the man's eyes before he walked in with rope in his hands. After a few moments, a small voice could be heard. "I need clothes." That was Anna's voice. His Anna. This man was staring at his wife's naked body. "Get the hell away from her!" Luciano barked. At the sound of his voice Annalise was running to him. 

"Luc!" She looked him over and tears began to fall. "What did they do to you?" She touched his bruised face with her tied up hands before leaning her face into his neck. "Nope, none of that!" She was immediately pulled away from him by the arm. "Don't you fucking touch her!" Annalise shook violently. "Rogelio, let me go, please!" He did as he was asked and threw her onto the bed. She bounced before making a move to go to Luciano. "You take a step towards him and I'll blow his brains out."

The gun was pointed right at Luciano and Annalise tried to hold in the sob. "It's okay, bambina." Luciano tried to reassure her. "Now," he announced happily. "The gang's all here we can get to the introductions. You're Annalise Monroe. The ever-talented mafia princess with wit and charm and skillsets that have allowed families from various countries to amass the wealth and power they have today. You're breathtaking honestly," he had this look in his eye that frightened Annalise and made Luciano worried. 

"You are the asshole Luciano Rossi who seems to always win despite not earning any of it. You have the money, power and life you don't deserve and I'm just here to see that gets rectified." Annalise could see the hatred rolling off of him in waves. "Who are you and what did Luciano ever do to you?" She wanted answers.

"My name is Rogelio De La Vega. I am the son of the late Mateo De La Vega." Annalise tried to wrack her brain for any memory of those names, but nothing came to. She looked at Luciano who seemed to have been putting pieces together. "Agosto Rossi killed my father for having a dream. A dream that the Rossi's felt were too big for the lowly Mexican gang member." He spat out venom lacing his voice. 

"Honestly, he was right. My father thought too small. He wanted a seat at the table and it cost him his life. I built my own fucking table and my centerpiece will be the head of the Rossi heir." Annalise's eyes widened with fear. "Your father had some clout, but he was nowhere near this level. How did you manage men, mansions, peons, etc.?"

Luciano remembered Mateo De La Vega. He was an unstable man with hungry aspirations. It seemed the delusions of grandeur and greed had found their way into his son as well. He told his father that they should make sure to wipe out everyone, but he said they had and he trusted him. His family's recklessness was now costing him and his wife their safety. 

"You know when I had this plan, I didn't think I could do it. I didn't know how to do it, until I met with a Mexican low-level family trying to get out of the business. I thought they were crazy, but I saw later on it was a God appointed opportunity. They worked closely with a Portuguese family you might know of, Annalise. The Cortes. This Mexican family ran a large cannabis factory in Ecatepec City, Mexico for the Cortes and I offered to take over for them after the Cortes family was wiped out."