26

They spent the early morning having an intimate breakfast before meeting with Dr. Cassandra Joy. She was a feisty Black psychologist who knew her stuff. It also helped that she was Adele's younger sister. They knew she knew about everything from Adele, but she wanted to hear it from their mouths. Their viewpoints. So, they rehashed the worst few days of their lives while she listened and took everything in.

"It sounds like this Rogelio guy got to you both through fear. He knew a lot about you two, which is where you were at a disadvantage because he was a non-motherfucking-factor to the rest of us. After all that's happened, knowing that he is locked tight and away in the Rossi basement with no escape, what are you afraid two of?" 

Dr. Joy asked looking at them both. Luciano spoke first. "I'm afraid this will happen again. I'm afraid there's another asshole whose family the Rossi's killed or slighted and he's angry and wanting revenge through Annalise. I'm afraid I won't be able to protect her. I'm afraid that I'll fail her again." Dr. Joy shook her head. "What else, Luciano...what is your deepest fear?"

He looked at her with a scowl before looking at Annalise and sighing. "I'm afraid that she will realize that we never should've got married. I'm afraid that she'll know I'm no good for her." Dr. Joy smiled at him. "That is what we call a breakthrough." Annalise looked at Luciano and smiled. "I don't think you know how much I love you, Luc. We were meant to get married, because I was meant for you. What happened to us was a tragedy, but it's not the end of our love story. We're not getting weeks in our marriage...we're getting decades. I want us to learn from this. I want you to trust me and my gut. I also want you to trust that my love for you will always motivate me to keep you safe." Luciano didn't know he was crying until Annalise wiped his eyes.

"Your turn Anna. What are you afraid of?" Annalise sighed before looking at Luciano once more. "I'm afraid that every time he touches me, he'll see what happened. I'm afraid that he won't love me or see me the same way ever again. I'm afraid that everything Rogelio said was true." Annalise was full on sobbing causing Luciano to pull her into a tight embrace as Dr. Joy handed her tissues. After a few moments, Annalise was able to look at Luciano who had a loving smile on his face.

"You are the same woman I promised myself to on our wedding day and the day we reunited. You are still my beautiful, perfect wife and I love you more than anything in this world. I'd do anything for you, Anna. I would die for you. That hasn't changed." Luciano took a breath. "I do see you differently though." The fear was insurmountable in Annalise's eyes. "I saw you as just my wife, daughter to a mafia Don, but you are so much more. My love, you are a goddess. You are strong and powerful and I don't deserve you. I never have, but I pray to spend the rest of my life proving that one day I will."

Annalise started crying once more frightening Luciano. "Don't worry, baby, I think these are happy tears." Dr. Joy smiled, handing her more tissues. They continued therapy going through their ruminating thoughts and most importantly the lies Rogelio told them both. Dr. Joy offered homework assignments for them to do as a couple nightly as well as things they could do to Rogelio as a couple that would help the healing process. She was a licensed psychologist, but she was also the sister of a Donna and wife of a Russian gang leader.

Meanwhile, in the Monroe mansion, Desi found herself looking for Brandon. They didn't have much time to talk for the past few weeks and she hated it. She knocked on his door and he opened it revealing him in a towel. The water still on his exposed chest. Desi forgot her entire purpose and name just staring at him. It had been months since they last slept together and it showed. "Can I come in?" She finally spoke up, blinking rapidly. He stepped aside letting her in before closing the door. "What do you want Desi?" She sighed knowing he was still upset with how they left things weeks prior.

"I lied." He looked at her bored. "I do want you, Brandon. I've always wanted you." He shook his head leaned against the wall. "Then why did you curve me at every corner." She made her way over to him and cupped his face. "Did you not see what happened to our siblings? That would be us if word got out about us. I don't care what happens to me, but I know that just like Luciano you'd be a wreck and I couldn't do that to you. The Rossi family isn't like yours. We have so many enemies. I couldn't risk something happening to you because of me or my family." Brandon looked into her green eyes and sighed before crashing his lips on hers.

He lifted her up around his waist and made his way to his bed. "I don't care what lurks in the shadows, D. I have to be with you. You're my everything." He ripped her panties off causing her to hit him on the chest before removing his towel. In one swift motion he was entering her slowly and they both groaned out with pleasure. "Don't you ever keep my pussy away from me for this long, do you hear me?" Desi was at a loss for words as Brandon delivered stroke after stroke. "Desi," Brandon yelled slapping her clit. "Yes!" She shrieked out as he began pounding into her. "Yes, baby, I promise. It's yours. I'm yours!" It was all he needed as he lost control drilling inside of her. He watched as her cream pooled at the base of his member. "You're fucking mine, Desi Rossi. Mine."

Luciano called a meeting between his father, brother, father-in-law, brother-in-law and wife. He tried calling Brandon, but he wasn't answering. He'd fill him in later. "I want to apologize for my behavior this last week. I know you all can understand the toll one goes through when the one you love is hurt, but I'm back. We both are," he said kissing Annalise's hand. 

"Annalise is going to spend time sweeping through all of our families' subsidiaries and ensuring that the families under us are in good standing and aren't nefarious. Dante and Malcolm, I'm putting you two in charge of vetting our men. All of this started with Giovanni's access and I don't want that to ever happen again. Maxwell, I know I let you down and I failed both our families, but I vow to keep us all safe moving forward. I don't know why you agreed to let me marry Anna, but I'm happy you did. You know the Rossi name is not revered as the Monroe. I think you can help my father change that."

Annalise smiled at her husband as everyone went over their assignments. She and Luciano were dressed in all black as they had therapy homework to do that night with Rogelio. "You two seem to be in a better headspace," Malcolm said with a smile. "We're getting there." Malcolm grabbed his baby sister's hand and sighed. 

"I wasn't there for you again, Annalise." She shook her head. "Don't do this, Mal. Don't blame yourself. It's over and done with. We have to move on. Aunty Joy said so." They chuckled at this before Malcom nodded. "Go have fun being Mr. & Mrs. Smith down there." Malcolm was well aware of his aunt's therapeutic homework for his sister and brother-in-law. If it made them happy, he was all for it.

Rogelio watched as Annalise and Luciano walked down the stairs hand in hand with smiles on their faces. It angered him to no end. "I see you two are putting on an act to show how happy you are, but I know it's fake." Annalise laughed heartily. "Who are we putting an act on for? You?" She chuckled loudly. "You see Rogelio I wanted to gut you like a fish. Perform surgery live and with you wide awake until you succumb to your injuries, but my wife said that was too merciful. So, instead, we're going to torture you...slowly...patch up your wounds and then do it all again. For months to come. You are going to watch our love continue to grow as we slice and dice you. You are going to watch the Rossi name amass more in power. You are going to watch Annalise's belly swell with my child. You are going to watch it all and only then will I kill you."

There was something in their eyes that let him know they were beyond serious. He had lost and he was livid. He began thrashing against his binds and yelling and screaming in Spanish and Portuguese. "What is he saying?" Luciano asked his wife. She shrugged. "Nothing important." 

They began their torture session and smiled happily as his screams filled the room. Dante and Malcolm walked in to watch and both shook their heads at how gleeful their siblings looked. "They're fucking crazy." Dante said loud enough for them to hear him. "Crazy in love," Annalise sang out loud before laughing.