28

A year had gone by and Annalise and Luciano had kept their word. Rogelio watched as the Rossi family name grew in notoriety and power. Maxwell had done his job of allowing their allies to see the work the Rossi family had done to become who they were in the Italian, South American and Mexican markets. Malcom and Dante were able to ensure that every man working for the Rossi and Monroe families were legit. They had all pledged their allegiance to both families and Luciano, Maxwell and Agosto felt at ease that they were surrounded by good men. 

Annalise's assignment took the full year and lots of traveling, but she was able to ensure that the families under the Rossi umbrella were allegiant to the Rossi family and name. It helped that she was able to use her charm to strengthen ties and form new alliances. Luciano and Annalise made sure that they provided Rogelio with timely updates before they tortured him.

Towards the middle of the year, Luciano and Annalise shared with Rogelio that she was pregnant with Luciano's twins. They were ecstatic and the mental breakdown he suffered was the cherry on top. When Annalise went into labor, Luciano knew that was the day Rogelio would die. He didn't want him to exist in the same world his daughters would be born in. 

Monroe and Mara Rossi were born weighing 8 pounds 5 ounces each with jet black hair and hazel green eyes as they were identical

Monroe and Mara Rossi were born weighing 8 pounds 5 ounces each with jet black hair and hazel green eyes as they were identical. They brought so much joy to their mother and were the lights of their father's life. As soon as Luciano was certain that Annalise was okay and the girls were feeding, he whispered his plan to his wife who agreed and made his way to the Rossi basement to face Rogelio for the last time.

"My daughters were born four hours ago. They're beautiful. They look like their mother with my eyes. It's a dangerous combination. I wanted to thank you for everything. You were right I was too complacent before. I didn't take the life as seriously as Dante, but that changed because of you. I'm the man I am now...powerful, feared, loved, happy...because of you. You wanted to tear me down and instead you built me up on the highest monument." 

Luciano pulled out his gun and smiled. The anger that once lived in Rogelio's eyes had died out about seven months ago when Annalise started showing. Luciano knew it was because there was a Rossi heir to carry on the name he so wanted to extinguish.

"Hell is too good for you. I hope where you're going there's nothing by despair and pain." The sound of the gun going off could be heard throughout the house. Luciano left the door open on purpose. He wanted his wife to know that it was done. They were truly free and their daughters could grow up in a world where anyone who goes against their family meets their doom.

Luciano held his newborn daughters to his shirtless chest in their pink, white and rose gold nursery. They were asleep and had been for the past three hours, but he wanted to hold them. "You're going to spoil them like that," Annalise smiled before taking a seat on the ottoman in front of the chair. "Good. They deserve to be spoiled like the princesses they are." 

Annalise chuckled shaking her head. Monroe started fussing a little and Annalise knew she would soon wake up for her feeding. "I'm happy, Anna. I'm happy with the life we have. Everything that happened was hard, but it led to this and I'm happy for that." She smiled at him before kissing his lips. "I'm happy too, my love. Our families are more powerful than ever. We have healthy baby girls and heirs to the throne. We're more than good."

"I'm thankful for that mafia pact our fathers made, because without it we wouldn't be here." Luciano pulled her in for a kiss before looking into her eyes. "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me and I'm going to spend the rest of my life showing you just how appreciative I am." She smiled at him before nodding. "Ditto kid."