19

Annalise dressed in a flirty yellow dress that made her smile. It was 6 pm and they were headed to some bar Luciano had heard about. She wasn't in the mood to go out. If Annalise was being honest, she had a bad feeling in her gut, but watched as her husband danced around to old school hip hop and smiled. He was having a great time and she wanted that to continue. 

They had both spent the hours after waking up from their nap talking to Dante and Anastasiya. Apparently, a few shipments for the Rossi's had been hit. Dante and their men were on it, but whoever had done it was quick and traceless. They simply left a blank envelope with the header DLV on it.

Annalise reminded Dante to tell his father of the DLV account she had discovered had been laundering money from them. She felt good that it was a clue in the search for who was behind things, even if a small one. Anastasiya didn't like that everyone seemed to be on edge since the wedding. Annalise just felt as though they were missing something and it bothered her to no end. She asked Anastasiya to check in with the other main families to ensure they weren't being hit or harassed.

The Chinese, German, Spanish and Igbo mafia families were major allies with the Monroe's. They were all in attendance at the wedding and Annalise got to see for herself despite the hiccup that they were all doing well. The leaders were all older men that Annalise considered fathers and a grandfather. She had helped them on numerous occasions with their businesses and vice versa. Them, along with the Ivanov's, Rossi's and Monroe's were considered the heaviest hitters in the game. Though the other families didn't directly deal with or have a lasting friendship with the Rossi's like they did the Monroe's, they would make an exception for Annalise.

"I have a bad feeling to be honest, Ana," Annalise shared with her best friend. "I do too. Maybe you two should come back tonight." Annalise sighed loudly as she heard Luciano speaking swiftly in Italian to Dante in the other room. "I was going to bring it up at dinner. We need to be with the family right now and figure out what the hell is really going on." Silence engulfed them for a few seconds. 

"I can't shake this, Lise. If anything goes wrong you know what to do." Annalise smiled slightly before wishing her best friend a good night. Luciano walked into the room and his mood had definitely changed. "Let's go, il mio amore." Annalise could tell Luciano was a bit on edge as they drove to the bar. She grabbed his hand as they stepped out and smiled at the few patrons in the bar.

It seemed pretty dead but there was music playing and a chipper bartender ready to serve them. They were seated in a booth off to the side where a beautiful waitress quickly took their drink orders. She hurried off before another brought over an array of Brazilian appetizers. Annalise didn't realize how hungry she was until her eyes settled on the coxinha. Their drinks were soon brought out and Annalise was quickly hit with the liquor. 

She coughed a bit and blew out a breath. Luciano finally chuckled after being so silent. "They are heavy handed aren't they." Annalise nodded happy to see the smile on his face again. "You okay?" She asked taking a bit of the beef and cheese sliders. "I just wanted us to get a break. I wanted to give this to you. A peaceful week to not deal with the bullshit."

Annalise grabbed his hand and smiled. "Babe, the past few days have been amazing, but we have a responsibility to our families and the families we protect. We need to go home and I know you know that." He kissed her wrist before nodding. "We'll leave first thing in the morning, but for now I want us to enjoy our night. I plan on eating some good food, having some good drinks and then having my way with you in every room once more." She smiled at him before leaning over and getting a kiss. "I love you, Luc." He caressed her cheek. "I love you so much, Anna."

They talked about the things they got to see and do why on their mini honeymoon. Luciano promised they would get a full week at another time in another gorgeous location where they could make more memories. She knew he would keep his promised and wondered where they would jet off to. She sent Anastasiya a quick text that they would be leaving at 6 am tomorrow morning.