8

A dark-haired man sat in a small café in Ecatepec City, Mexico. He was surrounded by his men and looked over the words on the paper he held. He was waiting on news and as he saw the young man enter the café searching around, he knew he'd get it. He motioned two fingers to the man who walked over to him looking around before taking a seat.

"What news do you bring me today, Mateo?" The young man ran a hand through his messy dirty blond locks and sighed. "The Coleman crew have been wiped out." The dark-haired man nodded before taking a sip of his coffee. "That Broderick was always an idiot, but this confirms the news that the Rossi's have aligned themselves with the Monroe's. Good to know. Find out anything you can and report back to me." He said before dismissing Mateo.

"Boss, what's the move?" One of his men asked. "We wait a little while longer. I have my armies at the ready. I just need to make sure I have all the intel I can get." The men around him nodded in unison as he lost himself in thought. "I'm coming for you Luciano Rossi and when I get there you'll be begging for death." He whispered to himself before taking another sip of coffee. He smiled at the endless possibilities of pain and suffering he was going to bring his enemies.

Annalise woke up and searched for her phone. She found it on the nightstand next to her and saw that it was 1 pm. "Three hours," she sighed. "That's not too bad." She sat up and stretched before letting out a yawn. She went to the bathroom to brush her teeth before heading out to explore her new home. There were three other bedrooms on the second floor, along with the master bedroom.

On the first floor there was the kitchen that seemed like it belonged on Master Chef, along with a den, living room, formal dining room and breakfast nook. She stumbled onto a fairly large room that mirrored a gym slash lounge area. It was filled with Luciano's men and they all stared at her when she stumbled in.

"Hi guys, I'm Annalise, Luciano's fiancé." She held up her hand as if they would need proof. They eyed her with a seriousness. "Non sapevo che al capo piacciono le ragazze nere (Didn't know the boss was into Black girls)." One of them muttered. He had a bald head and stood about 6'5". By the way he looked at her she could tell that he was irritated and showed a hint of fear.

His defense was that of an enemy in Annalise's opinion. "Bene, sai cosa si dice: più nera è la bacca, più dolce è il succo (Well, you know what they say: the blacker the berry the sweeter the juice)." She winked at him causing the men to holler with laughter and his scowl to deepen.

"You speak Italian!" A blond-haired man spoke up and she nodded. "Wait...Annalise...as in Annalise Monroe." They settled down. "Your father is a legend. His men are legends." She smiled. "Well, you guys are pretty legendary yourselves. Besides, pretty soon they'll be your partners. We'll be one big happy family if you'll have me." She smiled that smile that always had men putty in her hands.

"Certo, Regina (Of course, Queen)!" They cheered and seemed to give her the new title to which she rolled her eyes. They took the next ten minutes introducing themselves. She learned the man she didn't trust was named Giovanni. "It was nice meeting you clowns! I'm off to find the boss. You guys stay out of trouble." Annalise waved before looking for her fiancé.

She found Luciano in the office also on the first floor and smiled. He was working on a device and seemed lost in thought. She came behind him and massaged his shoulders. "What's that, my love?" He sighed into her as she wrapped her arms around his neck. "This little thing when placed around any electronic device will strip all the data from electronic devices 1,000 yards nearby and then fry the electronics."

Annalise's eyes widened as she looked at the tiny thing. "You're a genius." He chuckled. "Or a mad man." He pecked her lips as he pulled her into his lap. "A mad genius." She compromised causing him to laugh. In that instant his iPad began ringing for a FaceTime call and he stupidly answered.