16

It had been hours and the men were getting nowhere. The man was ex-military it was obvious and his accent gave off that he was Latin, but other than cursing them out in both English and Spanish they got nothing from him. "This is pointless," Dante said annoyed as he rolled back his sleeves. "He will break," Luciano said calmly not removing his eyes from the man they learned was named Eduardo. 

Up until then Luciano had yet to touch him. His black and blue face were the result of a frustrated Maxwell and pissed off Agosto. Dante had blood on his hands as he continuously jammed his fingers in the bullet holes Annalise put in him. Luciano couldn't help but think of his wife and smirk. He should be with her at that moment. He should be worshiping every curve on her body, but instead he was here with this piece of shit.

"Eddie, do you mind if I call you Eddie?" He waved him off and continued. "I have a beautiful wife that I'd like to get home to, so if you could simply tell us why you did what you did and who you work for we could end all this." Eduardo looked at him and smiled a bloody smile. "He's going to destroy you." All the men present stared at the tied-up man. "He's going to get everything he is owed and then he will rule and you piece of shit will cease to exist." 

Luciano laughed loudly for a good minute before composing himself. "So, let me get this right. You work for someone who I'm assuming was slighted by me or my family and now he wants revenge." Luciano stooped down to his eye level and smiled wickedly. "Tell him to take a fucking number. Bitches have been coming for the Rossi family for decades. What makes your leader so sure he can beat me?"

Eduardo smiled and said the one thing that made Luciano's blood run cold. "Her." Maxwell looked at the man with venom in his eyes. Luciano stood up before punching him in the face. Eduard laughed manically. "He's going to have so much fun ripping you to shreds through her. You won't even be able to recognize her once he's through with her. Enjoy her smile while you can, because-" Luciano shoved the barrel of his gun in Eduardo's mouth and pulled back the safety. 

"Luc, just chill. This is what he wants. A quick death. We can get more information out of him. Just chill." Dante whispered to him. Luciano could already envision himself blowing this asshole's brains out. "Go to her. You shouldn't even be here. Go be with your wife." Luciano looked at his brother and back at the taunting eyes of their prisoner.

"Fine," Luciano breathed before removing the gun. He hit Eduardo with the butt of the gun knocking him out. "Luc!" Dante groaned. "Maybe when he wakes up, he'll be more accommodating. Clean up his wounds. We don't need him bleeding out." Luciano saw the expression on Maxwell's face and sighed. "I'm not going to let anything happen to her, Maxwell. She's my wife and I'm going to protect her with my life." 

Maxwell nodded before instructing him. "Don't tell her about this – about what he said. She's already a vigilant person, but I don't want my daughter living in fear." Luciano didn't know how he felt about keeping something from his wife. They were just newly married and he was already going to be lying to her. It didn't feel right.

"I know how you feel, sir, but I can't lie to my wife. I'm going to tell her what was said, but more importantly what I know and that's the fact that I will protect her no matter what. She's going to be fine." Maxwell seemed to think on it a bit before nodding and smiling. Luciano left them and made his way to his home. He knew she'd be asleep already, but secretly hoped she'd be awake. 

He hopped in the shower and thought over everything that occurred in the last 24 hours. Someone was seeking revenge on him and his family. They were going to use Annalise to succeed. He couldn't wrap his mind around everything. His work with his family was very behind the scenes except for a few instances and all those were tied up. He had no idea who this foe could be, but he was in for a rude awakening threatening his wife and their lives.