Chapter Sixty-Five

Shingami stuck her hands into her pants pockets as her unmasked face stayed blank as she listened to Ino making all kinds of plans for the two of them not really asking for the Morino’s input on any of the things she’d brought up, though Shingami didn’t mind seeing as she had no idea what to do in the first place.

“-And then we can have a sleepover at my house!”

“Sleepover?”

“Yeah! Why do you not want to?”

“No I do, it's just I’ve never had one Genma and Anko always crash at the house but I've never stayed in someone else’s house.”

“What about Shikamaru?”

“I don’t think that counts, he was sick and I was just taking care of him.”

“Fair enough, but that's a ‘yes’ on the sleeping over part right?”

“Yes, Ino.” Shingami said, crossing her arms in a playful manner.

“Yay! Now let's go collect the girls!”

“Um, what girls?”

“Weren’t you listening? I said we’re going to have a girls night and it’s always better with more!”

“Who though?”

Ino stopped walking and held up a finger for each name that left her mouth. “Forehead, Ten, and Hina”

Shingami just blinked. “Who?”

Ino sighed dramatically and continued walking. “Sakura, Tenten, and Hinata, keep up Shin.”

Shingami’s small smile dropped and she looked at her feet as she kept walking. Ino seemed to notice the shift in her demeanor and looked at the girl who appeared to be caught up in her thoughts.

“Is something wrong?”

Her attention turned to Ino and she instead chose to bring up something else. 

“I don’t think I’ve actually met Hinata or Tenten.”

“Really?! I’m sorry I thought you have but you’ve heard of them before right?”

“Well during the chunin exams I was a proctor so I had access to everyone’s files and I felt obligated to read them all.”

“Geez, what do you do in your spare time?”

“Do I really need to answer that question?”

“...On second thought, I could probably count the number of hobbies you have on one hand.”

“probably .”

Ino smiled and raised her hand to wave at something or someone in front of them a good twenty feet away

“There they are, I hope they haven’t been waiting too long. I told them about the plan an hour ago.”

Sakura immediately spotted Shingami next to Ino and looked down like she was intimidated but shingami didn’t blame her their last real interaction wasn’t the best but it could probably be fixed by an apology. Shingami still made sure to greet her before she was formally introduced to the other two girls formally. 

“My name is Tenten.” Shingami nodded her head and then looked at the Hyuuga who was staring into her bright magenta eyes.

“M-My name is Hinata.” The shy girl said looking down at her feet after having been caught staring at the girl.

“It’s nice to meet you both.”

“Now that we have introductions done let's go to my house and do each other’s hair.”  Shingami grimace but accepted her fate after all it was a 'girl’s night’. And it was a little too late to back out with the gang all there.