Chapter Five

-And then Sasuke’s fangirls got mad with me! Even Sakura-Chan!”

Shingami had her mask beside her and a cute smile plastered on her face as she listened to all that Naruto had to say. She loved listening to him ramble he spoke more than anyone she knew. Not even-

Her smile suddenly dropped and her hand was instinctively on her mask.

“And then I- something wrong Shingami-chan?”

She put a smile back on her face, it was a bit forced but it was genuine. 

“It’s nothing I was just thinking about something.” 

With the reassurance he continued his rant until Genma walked over to the pair.

“Whatcha two doin’?”

Before Naruto could start rambling to genma everything she had just heard. Shingami said.

“Just talking- Is there something you need?”

Genma took the hint and moved on already knowing how Naruto can get while he’s talking.

“Ibiki wanted me to come get you, something about that finger you lost about a month ago.”

“He found it?” She cracked a smile.

“Yeah… He’s pissed that it’s been in his desk for as long as it has.”

“It was Anko’s idea.”

“I know, He’s blaming all three of us. I think he’s still debating if it was yours or someone else’s.”

“Obviously, it’s mine.”

“No shit, it’s even got that grey-blue nail polish he bought you.”

She couldn’t stop smiling nor could Genma, Naruto was just confused.

“What are you two talking about?”

Genma opened his mouth. 

“Shingami cut-”

The girl had the grown man in a choke hold the second she heard her name come out of his mouth.

He doesn't need to hear it.”

“Hear what??”

Nothing. It was... a prank from a while ago.”

“Cool! Oh crap! I’ll see you later I have to get to class!”

As he was running to get to the Academy, Shingami cupped her hands around her mouth and called after him.

“Just remember that river isn’t going anywhere!”

The blonde didn’t answer but he was still running in the right direction and that was all that mattered.

“Welp, let’s go deal with Satan’s wrath.”

And she shoved her mask back on her face.

__________________

Not, okay

He held up the decaying finger in a white handkerchief and the nail polish was clearly in sight.

“I know for a fact Shingami didn’t come up with the idea, and Genma isn’t that dense, Therefore, Anko it had to be you.”

Anko made no indication that it was her. But it was Anko that randomly walked up to Shingami and asked if she could have one of her middle fingers. Shingami and Genma were just sitting in Ibiki’s office writing out their mission report for the mission that they had completed an hour before. Shingami just wanted to finish the report in peace and gave the woman the finger and watched her put it in Ibiki’s desk.